Anytime Dining

wanman

I will be going on a solo cruise soon. Normally when I go I have a group of friends or family go with me, but this time no one is available when I have my vacation time.

I like the MDR, but not sure if I should do Assigned Seating, or Anytime dining and request to sit with others?

Thanks!

if your a single cruiser, you will be seated at a big table with others either way.

if you do assigned seating you will be at the same table every night.

with same waiters

We always do assigned seating. We like having the same waiters and feel were treated better.

We love YTD but I think that most people who take that option like it because they do not want to eat with strangers. IF I were on my own solo on a cruise I'd ask for assigned dining with other solo travelers.

AT YTD you can ask to be seated with others. They won't just do that as a matter of course but if you ask they will try to find others who are also asking.

We have noticed on some cruises that the solo travelers on YTD sort of found each other and sat together but you cannot depend on that happening soooo take it if you don't mind being on your own just in case.

Not so. I went solo in December and had YTD and sat by myself every night. MaitreD never asked if I wanted to sit with others.

Was your table very close to another table? I've had a table for two next to our table of four and we all visited like we were at one table. That's better than being stuck with personalities you don't prefer every night if one chose a specific dining time.

if you do assigned seating you will be at the same table every night.

with same waiters

We always do assigned seating. We like having the same waiters and feel were treated better.

this .. i have had ATD every cruise i have been on .. i have had the same waiters in the same seats, every night, on every cruise i have been on. i am sure as a solo they could put you alone or with a group ATD or not.

Not so. I went solo in December and had YTD and sat by myself every night. MaitreD never asked if I wanted to sit with others.

You need to be proactive and tell the hostess that you want to be seated at a sharing table. Doesn't mean you will still get a sharing table, but your odds are better. There are a lot of singles who don't want to eat with others.

It also depends on the length of the cruise. The longer cruises tend to get more people willing to share tables.

I will be going on a solo cruise soon. Normally when I go I have a group of friends or family go with me, but this time no one is available when I have my vacation time.

I like the MDR, but not sure if I should do Assigned Seating, or Anytime dining and request to sit with others?

Thanks!

I'd go fixed, get to know the people, a different group each night you will never really know them.

They actually killed a table for 2 on a single?

That is amazing

Usually they use singles to fill tables.

I don't see what's wrong with a single having a table for two for themselves. Solo cruisers should have the choice of dining with others or not, just like everyone else. Not everyone enjoys dining with strangers or is looking for other people to spend time with.

I cruise solo and like Anytime. I don't usually eat dessert and it seemed people got offended when I'd leave after the entree, so amazed I didn't want dessert, so I started eating alone. Yes, they will seat you solo if a table is open. This was on Legend and the tables were not close together.

One night no tables for 2 were open were so I was seated with 2 Russian women, one who didn't speak a word of English and a large family who happened to be on my roll call.

When I ask to be seated with other solos, many times only one other person shows up at a ten top. Sometimes no one shows.

It's nice not being tied to a time. You can see the menu and decide where you'll eat.

That is amazing

A solo pretty much pays double so he/she should be able to take up a table for 2. [emoji486]

That is amazing

What is so amazing about it? When I sail solo I pay double the fare. Why shouldn't I be allowed a table for two if I do not want to eat with others. I should not be forced to eat with others if I do not want to. Sometimes I like eating with others and sometimes I want the company of a good book.

I will be on the Breeze 4/9/16 and this is the first time I will have ATD. In past cruises that I had assigned dining I sat with single people that hit the hay early. So I'll see what happens with ATD maybe I'll meet people(girls) that want to have fun.

Gary