New itinararies and sales

xray

We will be booking a cruise when the new itinararies come out for 2017/2018. Do they normally wait a while before offering sales. From what I gather here I could book at full price and change if there is a sale or price reduction. I ask this mainly to further my education in how things work.

Thanks

We will be booking a cruise when the new itinararies come out for 2017/2018. Do they normally wait a while before offering sales. From what I gather here I could book at full price and change if there is a sale or price reduction. I ask this mainly to further my education in how things work.

Thanks

If you book under US/Canadian rules, and the price goes doen before final payment date, Royal norally allows you to get the lower price.

What about the UK, do you know ?

If you are asking about taking advantage of price drops while booking from the UK, then all I know is that it's definitely different from the US, but I don't know the specifics. I think your deposit is always at risk, so the potential price drop would need to exceed what your deposit was.

I have read on here that some UK members book with US travel agents in order to take advantage of the preferable pricing policies here. I don't know any specifics about this, though.

From the flyer posted above, it looks like the 30% off "sale" will apply to new 2017 bookings.

"Your clients can explore the world on new itineraries and save 30% off standard cruise fare for all guests

in a stateroom PLUS if sailing after May 2017, they will receive a Free Upgrade within the stateroom type."