On Board the Mariner Miami to Miami

Konagolfer

John will we see you at our greet and meet? Check the roll call.

I did not see anything about a meet and greet on my cruise. I suspect you may be getting on in Miami when I'm getting off. So, if that is the case, no, I will not be at your meet and greet.

With respect to the other question asked by an earlier cruiser, I don't know anything about any possible compensation for prior legs which may have not been perfect due to virus or missed ports. It is unlikely in my experience to be compensated for those reasons which were not any fault of the cruise line but you should check with your TA. For the ports missed due to the emergency generator failure there could possibly be some compensation - most likely in the form of a partial credit on future cruises, but I have not heard of any. Again, check with your travel agent.

So far, this cruise has been delightful. The crew seems to be one of the best I've sailed with and we are having a really nice time.

Best,

John

Apparently there have been 3 cases among newly-embarking passengers in Rio. They have stepped-up the sanitizing, spraying the carpets, and have taken out the jigsaw puzzle. But passengers still serve themselves, salt/pepper/flowers still on the tables and hand towels are still in the public restrooms. Otherwise no visible impact to the passengers.

Apparently there have been 3 cases among newly-embarking passengers in Rio. They have stepped-up the sanitizing, spraying the carpets, and have taken out the jigsaw puzzle. But passengers still serve themselves, salt/pepper/flowers still on the tables and hand towels are still in the public restrooms. Otherwise no visible impact to the passengers.

So sorry to hear this. Someone posted on either this thread or one of the "norovirus" threads on the Oceania board that the part of the world that you are in (particularly Rio and Buenos Aires) has many cases of the virus (gastroenteritis and Norovirus).

Fingers crossed that this "Code Red" will be short lived!

I guess you could call it code pink. We can't pick up our own plates but we can serve ourselves.

Compensation is for 25% off a future cruise. Can be applied to any cruise you have not made final payment.

Eileen

So, I decided to see what had become of this thread - finally got my internet okay...dumb mistake on my part...

And read about the code red level 1...so being the person I am I decided to corner officers and find out...so I asked 2 different officers in 2 separate occasions this afternoon...yes we are code red 1...however the passengers did NOT bring it on board at Rio and it is DEFINITELY not Noro...it is simple cases of eating too much, drinking way too much ( of which I am guilty) and then laying in 29 degree C temperatures on a sunny deck....the reason they are getting reported is because Regent is offering free doctors trip and any medicine needed...

Try that on other ships or other lines...I have never seen it...If this happened on other lines the people would hide in the cabin and avoid the stewards until they stopped being sick...

Everything is still out..cookies etc and at the buffet at 2 pm (when we got back from the excursion) folks were gabbing their own plates...

The one officer ( a cute Filipino lady) said that they will probably lower it to green tomorrow...

Now we did have a medical evac today. One gentleman could not get his breath and the ambulance came for him...but they managed to calm him down and is okay and back on board..

I can't confirm the 25% off..but will be able to tomorrow when we go see further cruise person to book again with Regent..

On another note, the Captain ( she is really personable) said we will be swaying a bit more because of the 26 ton generator taking a free trip to Miami with us. So she WARNED folks on embarkation to take precautions and take whatever medicine necessary. I see a few folks with the patch on.

Other then that this cruise as far as I am concerned so far, is the best Regent we have taken...

With only 550 odd people on board the ship looks empty at times...

Thank you for the newsy update. While I would like to believe the explanation for the latest Code Red, it doesn't really make sense. Drinking, eating and lying in the sun too much isn't contagious. I'm glad to hear that they are still offering doctor visits onboard at no cost. It may help the situation but apparently people are contagious before they get symptoms so, by the time they are quarantined, it could have spread to others.

The attitude of the posters on board is really good (this comes after reading horrendous posts on the Oceania board when two of their ships went Code Red (only one with Norovirus).

If Regent is offering 25% your next cruise, do you feel it will satisfy passengers?

...it's a cruise credit of 25% of what you paid for the affected segment (Buenos Aires to Rio). Had ours applied toward our Navigator cruise later this year. Nice gesture, though sad we missed the ports. Ship happens.....

...it's a cruise credit of 25% of what you paid for the affected segment (Buenos Aires to Rio). Had ours applied toward our Navigator cruise later this year. Nice gesture, though sad we missed the ports. Ship happens.....

Sorry - I was confusing the offer that Oceania passengers received. It is a nice gesture on Regent's part.

So the Captain just announced that we are back in code red. Nine new cases. Laundry room closed, salt and pepper gone. Thank goodness we brought our own.

Eileen

Oh no, this must be getting rather tedious now. I feel really bad for you.

Well done on the chin up attitude, i imagine it must be getting difficult keeping so positive.

Pam.

So the Captain just announced that we are back in code red. Nine new cases. Laundry room closed, salt and pepper gone. Thank goodness we brought our own.

Eileen

I truly admire your attitude toward what is not the most pleasant experience - curious minds want to know - were you being serious when you stated that you brought your own salt and pepper? That is something that I may have to add to my travel packing list.

gnomie :)

....today would have been too late! "Oh, Petar....what can you create for a RED martini today?"

😏🍸🍸🍸🍷🍸🍸🍸🍷🍸🍸🍸🍷🍸🍸🍸🍷🍸🍸🍸🍷🍸🍸🍸🍷🍸🍸🍸😏

I truly admire your attitude toward what is not the most pleasant experience - curious minds want to know - were you being serious when you stated that you brought your own salt and pepper? That is something that I may have to add to my travel packing list.

gnomie :)

Maybe her own laundry room? 😇

Our first visit to Punta del Estes we found a local food store and decided to purchase the salt and pepper then. They have come in handy since. The staff is overworked and this way they don't have to run back and forth. But might have to update the packing list to include them in the future. You just never know when you might need them.

I miss the chips and nuts in the lounges but maybe it is for the best as I don't need the extra calories.

Eileen

....today would have been too late! "Oh, Petar....what can you create for a RED martini today?"

😏🍸🍸🍸🍷🍸🍸🍸🍷🍸🍸🍸🍷🍸🍸🍸🍷🍸🍸🍸🍷🍸🍸🍸🍷🍸🍸🍸😏

I was trying to think of a RED martini but ended up with a blank. Wondering if there is some type of martini with tomato juice in it (maybe just a Bloody Mary "straight up" in a martini glass?):D

Really enjoying your posts. How much longer is your cruise?

I was trying to think of a RED martini but ended up with a blank. Wondering if there is some type of martini with tomato juice in it (maybe just a Bloody Mary "straight up" in a martini glass?):D

How about a Cosmopolitan, it is red,

j

3472197_orig.jpg

I think that some of us who have been on board for a while sort of expected the return to level two. At 11:30 this morning it was announced by the captain as we now have 9 passengers with the dreaded "bug". Launderettes again closed, no snacks, restroom doors propped open and tissues instead of towels. As for the salt and pepper, no need to buy and bring on board, just order room service for one meal and forget to put the salt and pepper shakers back on the tray! They are small and easy to carry in pocket or purse. I have also started asking for extra Splenda packet (or sugar, or?) and carry with you. The servers are not used to having to bring those things and they are so rushed to try and offer service plus clearing, cleaning and sanitizing tables that they cannot always bring requested items right away. We really feel sorry for the crew especially now that we have been experiencing some very hot and humid conditions. We shall soldier on!

http://mybestcocktails.com/category-15-Red.html

Go for it!

This has been a sad but sweet thread. Kudos from me, too, for the good spirits (pun intended) shown by the people who are posting.

What a great link! thanks for sharing. Tonight's martini was a pomegranate one...shaken and not stirred, served in a chilly proper martini glass. Cheers!

This Grand Voyage will end in Miami on 3/25, making for a total of 72 nights. Yes, several challenges along the way but Regent has done a great job IMO.

<did you check out the link posted by poss for red cocktails?>

This Grand Voyage will end in Miami on 3/25, making for a total of 72 nights. Yes, several challenges along the way but Regent has done a great job IMO.

<did you check out the link posted by poss for red cocktails?>

Yes, I checked out the link. poss is very clever and very helpful:)

I sincerely hope things get better for the remainder of this cruise and that Regent is more than generous in compensating all pax.

Poss/TC2: I absolutely LOVE "my best cocktails" website. :D:D Interesting twist on their classic Margarita recipe. Going to go home today and make one (or two) using their recipe. As far as The Boss is concerned, her "little pink drink" is actually a cosmo.

Edited by Zqueeze1