online check in, onboard account question

NanciRDH

I'm in charge of doing the online check in for my group...I've done this before, but its been a while, and I can see they've changed the onboard account area a bit, requiring you to enter the entire credit card number. Some of my group isn't comfortable with this, and that's fine, but now it prints on the set sail either "no account" or "cash account". I'm assuming it won't be an issue at the pier to add a credit card, but if anyone has an experience they'd like to share...:D

I'm in charge of doing the online check in for my group...I've done this before, but its been a while, and I can see they've changed the onboard account area a bit, requiring you to enter the entire credit card number. Some of my group isn't comfortable with this, and that's fine, but now it prints on the set sail either "no account" or "cash account". I'm assuming it won't be an issue at the pier to add a credit card, but if anyone has an experience they'd like to share...:D

No problem changing the caridt card at check-in or onboard.

RCL web site seems to be up to its tricks again. I just checked my online check in for an upcoming cruise and it asks for only the last 4 digits of the CC you plan to use for your on board expenses. . I have always had to present my CC at the pier checkin counter.

* Credit Card Type:

(Please enter only the last four digits.)

smarticon?ref=secure.royalcaribbean.com

RCL web site seems to be up to its tricks again. I just checked my online check in for an upcoming cruise and it asks for only the last 4 digits of the CC you plan to use for your on board expenses. . I have always had to present my CC at the pier checkin counter....

I don't get how the website decides to ask for the entire CC number, or the last 4 digits. On an Explorer cruise about a year ago, it wanted the entire CC number. The last few cruises, we're back to the last 4 digits.

I don't get how the website decides to ask for the entire CC number, or the last 4 digits. On an Explorer cruise about a year ago, it wanted the entire CC number. The last few cruises, we're back to the last 4 digits.

Definitely weird. I'm just going to check no account, and deal with it at the pier. I'm sure they will want my money LOL

Thanks.

Thanks Bob, i will therefore use my Zero account debit card :)

Just a note that some people have problems with holds being applied when using a debit card.

If it works for you, I'd opt for a cash account. Royal lets you charge up to $500 on this, before they ask you to pay it down. On the last day of the cruise, go to Guest Services and pay off the account with the debit card. This way avoids excessive holds.

Just a note that some people have problems with holds being applied when using a debit card.

If it works for you, I'd opt for a cash account. Royal lets you charge up to $500 on this, before they ask you to pay it down. On the last day of the cruise, go to Guest Services and pay off the account with the debit card. This way avoids excessive holds.

Wow have they, i have used mine all over the world. It is a Santander Visa Debit, just got no charges linked to it. Do you know what the problems are. Is it any debit card ?

Edited by debgreg

Wow have they, i have used mine all over the world. It is a Santander Visa Debit, just got no charges linked to it. Do you know what the problems are. Is it any debit card ?

Yes, any and all debit cards can have problems.

Follow Bob's suggestion of making your account a 'cash account' and then paying it off on the final night in any way that you like.

:)

No, it's not any debit card. From what I understand, it depends on how the individual financial institution handles the transactions.

The cruise line will put a daily hold on charges. At the end of the cruise, they charge the card for the full outstanding amount. Some institutions properly correlate the daily holds with the final charge and automatically release the daily holds. Other institutions don't make the connection, and the daily holds persist for weeks. So if your bill was $500, then they take $500 for the final bill, and the other $500 from the daily holds is encumbered for some amount of time.