Which Type Of Suite

fsa1155

Hello,

My family of 3 just booked a cruise on Carnival Vista. I decided to splurge and get an Ocean Suite since we have never had a suite in the past. The best cabin we've ever booked was a deluxe ocean view for 2 people. This is the first time we are taking our daughter. Now, I'm getting "Suite Fever" and am wanting to upgrade to a Grand Suite.

I am looking for opinions from people who have stayed in both types of suites. What is your favorite and why? Is a Grand Suite worth the extra money? Is an Ocean Suite big enough for 3 people so that we don't feel we are on top of each other? What is your opinion?

Thanks,

Karen

On our previous seven CCL cruises and booked eighth CCL cruise; we (DW and I) have stayed in three Suite categories, with a fourth "semi" suite. These are: Grand Suite, Ocean Suite, Vista Suite and Grand Scenic Oceanview Cabin. For the two of us, the type we enjoy the most is the Ocean Suite Category.

OS suites have just enough extra space above a Balcony Category to make the cruise comfortable; yet not "overstretch" our cruise budget. Moreover, the balcony is large enough to sit four persons comfortably. A third person would not be uncomfortable in this category.

GS cabins are large and have a nice "living" area with an extra couch. The balcony is large also. If you plan on doing some entertaining; this is the best route. Even with a third or fourth person; the cabin is comfortable.

The VS category is on "Spirit Class" and has a "wrap-around" balcony. The cabin is basically the size of a OS category and is "cut-up" into three very small rooms. Really the only thing I liked about this category was the balcony. We took the Carnival Miracle to Alaska and had one of the best views on the ship. I noticed that the ships motion and vibration was much pronounced in this category because of its location on the stern of the ship.

The Grand Scenic Oceanview Category is located over the Navigation Bridge on I believe five CCL Ships. I had this category when we sailed on the Carnival Valor to the Southern Caribbean. The Category has two "huge" picture windows with views both forward and to the side of the ship. The category does not have a balcony; but, who needs it. If you have a chance to book one of these cabins--do not hesitate BOOK IT; otherwise, the next person will.

Also, be advised that if you are like us; once you stay in a Suite, you will be hooked on them.

Happy Cruising!!!!!!!

Thank you. That is awesome information. I think we'll stick with our Ocean Suite since I doubt our friends will be hanging out in our cabin. I was mainly worried about 3 people be crowded in a regular cabin. I do have a feeling that we are going to be hooked on suites from here on out just like you said. ha ha

Thanks again for the information. I'm sure we'll eventually try all the suites. I really want to do an Alaskan Cruise someday but I'm having trouble getting my husband out of the Caribbean. He likes the warm weather. :)

I would stick with the ocean suite. I was upgraded to a Grand Suite on my last cruise and just didn't feel that it would be worth the money if I wasn't given the great deal I was. I don't ever plan to book a suite again. That is my opinion and your results may vary.