Emergency medical response-- or lack thereof

PartyAllDaTyme

I was on this sailing. Valparaiso to LA. I heard about this incident after we disembarked. I wonder what ever became of this incident and those involved?
I was also on this cruise. Captain Perrin WAS notified and an attempt was made to contact the nearby fishing boats to see if any were in distress. There were a number of fishing boats in the area throughout that morning. If you've been on the Bridge, you know that one or more staff have binoculars and are constantly checking the surrounding seas. If there had been a fishing boat in distress, they would have seen it, particularly after being notified of a possibility.

The birders took their complaints to social media, the Coast Guard and the media in an attempt to destroy the reputation of Captain Perrin and Princess Cruises. As it turned out, photographic evidence verified that the birders' photos of the fishing boat they claimed was trying to contact the ship looked nothing like the Fifty Cent, which was the boat the teens had taken out for a joy ride without any preparations, radio, etc.

http://www.examiner.com/article/princess-cruises-releases-proof-star-princess-didn-t-ignore-boat-distress

Most of the Fitness Center and Spa staff are contract workers through Steiner Corporation. There may be little that the ships staff can do.

Not an excuse.

On a cruise ship, every employee whether directly working for Princess or working for a contractor, is supposed to be trained in basic emergency procedures.

To the OP .... I admire your persistence in trying to get someone to check the locked stall in case someone was in there and unable to call out for help because of a possible medical emergency. You were doing "the right thing" as a human being.

It's disheartening that no one responded in a proactive way. If the staff indeed knew that there was a plumbing problem that rendered the commode unusable, simply explaining that would have alleviated your concern. And, how difficult would it be for one of them to make a hand-made sign saying "Out of Order" to put on the door until the plumber could get it fixed???