Best rental at Port Everglades post cruise?

Nurse502

Does anyone know of the closest place and most convenient to rent a car after our cruise? Pick up will be Port Everglades and return at Ft. Lauderdale airport

Maybe you didn't see my answer here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49181710&postcount=28

If you want other opinions, it's best to post this question in the Florida Departures forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Edited by clarea

Does anyone know of the closest place and most convenient to rent a car after our cruise? Pick up will be Port Everglades and return at Ft. Lauderdale airport

Ft Lauderdale airport and Port Everglades are only a $15 taxi . They usually run shuttles between the port and airport. Just rent from the airport and you won't have any problems.

We only need it after the cruise. I don't want to pay for the rental to sit in the parking lot of a hotel for a week if I don't need to. Our pre-cruise hotel offers a free shuttle there to embark.

The poster was suggesting that you don't have to wait for a shuttle or limit yourself to nearby rental locations. You can spend $15 on a taxi to the airport after the cruise, and have your pick of all the rental companies there.

We only need it after the cruise. I don't want to pay for the rental to sit in the parking lot of a hotel for a week if I don't need to. Our pre-cruise hotel offers a free shuttle there to embark.

Just so you know, there are no car rental places in port Everglades, the cruise port.

The closest agency is Thrifty/Dollar just outside the Port Everglades gate on Miami Road...they offer a comp shuttle to get to this location...you can then easily return the car to their FLL location. We have used them.