I'm Presently On The Eclipse - Any Questions?

Im A Happy Cruiser

We are boarding Eclipse on March 6th and are in an S-1 cabin on Deck 9, too. What can you tell us about your room? We are more used to the S-1 cabins on Deck 11 and curious about the differences. Thank you in advance.

I see you are on March 6 cruise Eclipse I have not got you on our roll call if you like to join In see here

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2067046&page=39

John

That's easy.....simply put, if 50% of passengers are concierge, then you are just as likely to be waiting in line as the other 50%. We're obviously still novices, and yet - that doesn't seem like a terribly difficult question. We don't know the different between an M-class and S-class ship, except that S-class are larger. The ship we will be on has a capacity of about 2900 passengers.

We are no spring chickens, and we found standing in long lines waiting to board during our last cruise at various ports wore us out. Then, waiting to reclaim our luggage in hot, crowded, angry lines nearly undid the relaxation we felt on the cruise.

Thanks

Sounds like you need to book one of the top suites to avoid the lines. As stated by another poster, concierge class is just a balcony cabin in a "better" location. No special lines for you!

Just a short line to say thank you so much Ghstudio for all the Very helpful information you give to so many of us on CC. Even though my husband and I have sailed Celebrity over 25 times and six of them on the Eclipse, I always search for your imput in so many questions from others. You answer every question in the most honest and pleasant way. We hope you have many wonderful fulture cruises.

Patty & Fran

Luvstosail

Bosston Ma

This was my first real question in CC, and you are right - Ghstudio has definitely had the most positive and helpful answers!! :D

Edited by dustyroadrunner

Back to the topic.....have you been offered any special deals on specialty restaurant meals? Have you tried the Tuscan Grill with the new menu?

We get on board on the 6th March. I hadn't realised there was a new menu in Tuscan Grill. Will also be interested to see what's new (or what they have removed).

First I want to tell you how much my DH and I both enjoyed the ships excursion today in Aruba to De Paul Island where we did the helmet dive. I am afraid of water and was hesitant to sign up but, this was something I really wanted to do. The diver guide was so reassuring and calm when giving the pre-dive instructions that I felt good about this excursion. It was interesting to see the fish and barracuda swimming so close and after this experience I can say yeah, I can check one more thing off my bucket list. The only negative about this excursion was that it was listed as a 4 1/2 hour excursion but after waiting before and after the dive we only had about one hour to enjoy the rest of the park.

Now to a answer a few questions. (Thanks to some of you fellow cruise critic members, part of the questions have already been answered since my original post.)

Our captain is Mark Sympouras, who came on with the beginning of this cruise. He really has not been visible anywhere I've been on the ship. On the other hand, Damian De Lorenzis, the cruise director, is out and about often. He is energetic and quite humorous.

I have a listing of all spa services offered with the price for each. To give you a sampling of prices, 50 minute massages range from $140 to $275 and 80 minute massages range from $195 to $275. Manicures are from $35 to $90 and pedicures range from $69 to $120. These are prices on sea days and all spa services are offered at a 25% discount on port days from 8 am to 1 pm. Feel free to ask the price of any other spa service you might be interested in.

One of you said you would be in sky suite 9299 ...that is our cabin right now. I think you will be very pleased with this cabin. It has plenty of storage for the two of us so I no longer bring over the door storage etc. There are 2 support poles in the cabin..one near the entrance beside the couch and the other between the bed and the balcony door. Neither have caused us any problems. If you will post your e-mail address I could send you a few pictures. Arnel, our butler is very personable and eager to please.

We have not been in Michaels Club very many times. There were never more than two there during the day when Joe wad three to speak with the concierge. Since drink vouchers were given out this cruise and many suite guests have the BEST promo with the premium package, many people are having their drinks at other places on the ship. However, I have seen several in MC before and after dinner.

That's all the time I have for now but will try to check in tonight to see if there are other questions that I can answer.

(I'm still looking for the person without much hair to let down!!!!)

Ruth

We get on board on the 6th March. I hadn't realised there was a new menu in Tuscan Grill. Will also be interested to see what's new (or what they have removed).

Karen

Look here someone posted http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2298377&page=2

Sorry forgot post number long way down, it looks to me the change is charging extra for some steaks etc.

John

First I want to tell you how much my DH and I both enjoyed the ships excursion today in Aruba to De Paul Island where we did the helmet dive. I am afraid of water and was hesitant to sign up but, this was something I really wanted to do. The diver guide was so reassuring and calm when giving the pre-dive instructions that I felt good about this excursion. It was interesting to see the fish and barracuda swimming so close and after this experience I can say yeah, I can check one more thing off my bucket list. The only negative about this excursion was that it was listed as a 4 1/2 hour excursion but after waiting before and after the dive we only had about one hour to enjoy the rest of the park.

Now to a answer a few questions. (Thanks to some of you fellow cruise critic members, part of the questions have already been answered since my original post.)

Our captain is Mark Sympouras, who came on with the beginning of this cruise. He really has not been visible anywhere I've been on the ship. On the other hand, Damian De Lorenzis, the cruise director, is out and about often. He is energetic and quite humorous.

I have a listing of all spa services offered with the price for each. To give you a sampling of prices, 50 minute massages range from $140 to $275 and 80 minute massages range from $195 to $275. Manicures are from $35 to $90 and pedicures range from $69 to $120. These are prices on sea days and all spa services are offered at a 25% discount on port days from 8 am to 1 pm. Feel free to ask the price of any other spa service you might be interested in.

One of you said you would be in sky suite 9299 ...that is our cabin right now. I think you will be very pleased with this cabin. It has plenty of storage for the two of us so I no longer bring over the door storage etc. There are 2 support poles in the cabin..one near the entrance beside the couch and the other between the bed and the balcony door. Neither have caused us any problems. If you will post your e-mail address I could send you a few pictures. Arnel, our butler is very personable and eager to please.

We have not been in Michaels Club very many times. There were never more than two there during the day when Joe wad three to speak with the concierge. Since drink vouchers were given out this cruise and many suite guests have the BEST promo with the premium package, many people are having their drinks at other places on the ship. However, I have seen several in MC before and after dinner.

That's all the time I have for now but will try to check in tonight to see if there are other questions that I can answer.

(I'm still looking for the person without much hair to let down!!!!)

Ruth

Thanks Ruth keep searching :D:D

Thanks for describing the cabin and offering to email photos; however, I don't feel comfortable posting my email address online. Could you possibly post the photos on this forum? It's good to hear you're happy with Arnel. Our last butler on Solstice (deck 12) was Andy and he was the best!

Karen

Look here someone posted http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2298377&page=2

Sorry forgot post number long way down, it looks to me the change is charging extra for some steaks etc.

John

Thanks John. Not sure these actually are new menus though. They have the same things that I had on Constellation last November. Happy if it is the same menu though. Perhaps Ruth, if you get a minute and are in Tuscan, you can find out if there are new menus and when they were introduced?

Karen

Persian Garden passes: 1 day for $25 ($19 on port day), 3 days for$50, 6 days for $75

Spa specials: 1 sea day - 80 minute massage for the price of 50 minute session,

Aruba Special: combination of full body, foot, hand, arm massages and energizing scalp treatment all in one 70 minute session for $169

I'm attempting to attach a video I made of cabin 8345 last year on Equinox. Sky suite 9299 on Eclipse is exactly the same except the sofa and chair are in opposite places and the pole is on the opposite side of the bed. I've never tried to attach anything before so if it doesn't work I'll try again later.

Solitaire is the house band....quite good.....they play in the grand foyer between the night shows and sometimes play in the sky lounge

Left sky lounge last night at 11:30.....listening to piano player...half or maybe more of seats were empty

Average age of passengers is probably 50 to mid seventies......on other hand there is an 8 month old baby with a parents in their early 20s....also several children under 5 with parents in early 30s

Hi Ruth,

Mrs. Ham and I got off the Eclipse on Feb. 21 after having a great cruise, which included some quality time @ The Martini Bar. Well......this morning Mrs.Ham told me she would like me to make her a Tropitini this weekend, to bring back fond memories of the cruise. If possible, could you find out the ingredients of a Tropitini as prepared @ The Martini Bar on the Eclipse?

Thanks, George

Recipe for Tropitini from the Martini Bar: Equal parts of Grey Goose vodka, Bacardi lime flavored rum, Blue Curacao and pineapple juice. Add ice, shake and strain into glass. I hope your wife enjoys her drink while thinking of her cruise that just ended!

I'd like to share what a wonderful day we had yesterday which was our wedding anniversary. Arnel, our butler, set up a beautiful table on the balcony for our breakfast. He also presented us with balloons, fresh flowers and a very nice bottle of champagne. Since we had overnighted in Curacao we had a beautiful view of the city while we ate breakfast. Then we walked into town for a little shopping and to walk across the draw bridge. When we returned to our room around 1 PM we found a huge chocolate cake, more fresh flowers and a nice bottle of wine waiting for us...courtesy of the Michaels Club Concierge and our butler. Last night, after our meal in Murano, the maitre'd and our server presented us with another chocolate cake!!!= We had it sent to our room where we later shared part of it with our butler. It had been a day we will remember for a long time!