Carnival Miracle 2017

CruiseNTheWorld91

We are looking at doing the Carnival Miracle out of Long Beach to Mexican Riviera (Cabo, Mazatlan, Puerta Vallarta) next year for our anniversary cruise. Never done Carnival, never done Mexican Riviera. Any thoughts, pros and cons to this?

I've sailed on the Miracle out of Long Beach 3 times now, with a fourth next month. I think it is an excellent ship and itinerary. (I've only been to Cabo & Puerto Vallarta since they only recently have started going back to Mazatlan.)

The ship doesn't have Guy's Burgers which is a con for some people, but other than that it has other upgrades like the Alchemy Bar.

The entertainment was lacking the last time I was on, but it was the cruise after dry-dock and they had just implemented the Playlist shows so the cast was new to it and I was subconsciously comparing it to the older shows with the full band. (I can't compare this to other cruise lines, unfortunately.)

Overall, I'd say it is a great ship and Cabo & Puerto Vallarta are nice. The layout of this class of ship is really well done. In Puerto Vallarta i'd recommend taking the Las Caletas excursion if it is during the day, and Rhythms of the Night if it's in the evening (which also happens to be at Las Caletas.) Those excursions are very nice.

Edited by wlc108