Why do I have to cancel and rebook?

Bocadude85

The price of our cruise dropped by $900. I called NCL like I have done many times in the past to request a price reduction since we are still before final payment. Today i was told I have to cancel and rebook to get the current price. I've already paid the cruise off so I do not wish to cancel and rebook. I know in the past I was able to have the price adjusted without cancelling and rebooking, is this not possible anymore?

Sounds like you may have gotten the wrong person, or there was a promotion originally that you will not now get. I've had to do this once, and our original room disappeared between cancelling and rebooking, although a similar room was available. Many mysteries to the system.

Perhaps the new price is a promotion for new bookings only ?

I finally figured out what the issue is. When I booked last year I got the UBP with out having to pay the 18% gratuity. I also received the UDP. The new pricing still includes both promotions but I would be required to pay the 18% gratuity and the ultimate dining package would be converted to the specialty dining package. So after all is said and done that $900 price drop only ends up saving me $400, and thats before you take into account the value of the 7 nights of specialty dining we would be losing.