Oasis drink package payment

godzukihop

Thinking about getting one of the drink packages on OASIS.

Any pros or cons to prepaying now or when we get on board.

Thought I remember reading that the costs gets discounted a few days into voyage.

If you purchase on board, you can use OBC to pay. You can also skip the first few days of the cruise if you like.

If you pre-purchase, you are locked in at your purchase price in case the price goes up.

Thinking about getting one of the drink packages on OASIS.

Any pros or cons to prepaying now or when we get on board.

Thought I remember reading that the costs gets discounted a few days into voyage.

it looks like the prices recently went up, as bob says paying now protects against that. we paid 908 for the ultimate package for 2 for 7 days. when I checked a few days ago, the price was 1208 for 2 for the 7 days. so, given I don't think prices will drop, id pay in advance again if I did it again.

I read the other day about a 10 drink card you could purchase for $78 or

so , is that a normal thing and if so can you purchase another later in the

cruise if wanted ??

These offers are experimental, and a ship may or may not offer their version of the card. In other words, you cannot depend on them being offered.

Doing the Oasis six day cruise in October which is a 6 night cruise. My question is how many days would the drink package be? Hoping that they did NOT include Friday when we get off the ship. Does anyone know this?

They would charge by the number of nights.

If you purchase on board, you can use OBC to pay. You can also skip the first few days of the cruise if you like.

If you pre-purchase, you are locked in at your purchase price in case the price goes up.

So if you purchase onboard, WHILE STILL IN PORT, are they charging you sales tax on top of the price? or should you wait until you get out 3 miles and buy it?

So if you purchase onboard, WHILE STILL IN PORT, are they charging you sales tax on top of the price? or should you wait until you get out 3 miles and buy it?

No US sales tax is charged on package purchases while in port. However, they do charge US sales taxes on individual drink purchases.

IIRC you also pay sales tax if you prepurchase online.

Others have posted that the drink package went on special, but that was only because the number of nights left on the cruise was dropping. The actual per day price stayed the same.

Others have posted that the drink package went on special, but that was only because the number of nights left on the cruise was dropping. The actual per day price stayed the same.

No sales tax online.

They add 18% gratuity to the package price UNLESS the price that you are quoted already includes that. They seem to be changing that all the time. :rolleyes:

The only time I can recall someone reporting having to pay tax (other than the 18% gratuity) was if their sailing was out of Barcelona. They got hit with some sort of VAT tax.

So can you use OBC if you pre purchase your drink package?

If you want to use OBC to pay for your drink package you need to wait to purchase onboard. If you pre-purchase it must be paid for at purchase time.

Right. I bought ours last night online and wasn't given the option to use OBC because we aren't 'on-board'. I just didn't want to wait in long lines on-board to purchase it. Want to be able to get onboard and have a cocktail right away.

I'm sure we'll find SOMETHING to use our OBC on.... :D

Right. I bought ours last night online and wasn't given the option to use OBC because we aren't 'on-board'. I just didn't want to wait in long lines on-board to purchase it. Want to be able to get onboard and have a cocktail right away.

There are no "long lines to purchase it." Really.

If you WANT to use your OBC for your drink package, you can cancel online and still buy on board.

:)

There are no "long lines to purchase it." Really.

If you WANT to use your OBC for your drink package, you can cancel online and still buy on board.

:)

Agree, we have bought ours onboard 3 times and were the only ones "in line" at the time. Took a whole 5 minutes and had our sticker, cup, and usually first drink.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
I was wanting to buy the drink pkg. with the OBC. Am I understanding correctly, If I buy The drink package online I can cancel the order and buy it with the OBC. once on board???

Yes. You must cancel a certain number of days before the cruise, something like 3 or 4 days before.