Most reliable way to LAX after Long Beach debarkation

landlady1952

Looking for ideas and comments regarding how we should get back to LAX after arriving back to port. Should we arrange transportation ahead of time? What if ship is late? Are there taxis or shuttles at port? Is it best to book transportation thru Carnival?

Any advice is appreciated. Leaving in a few weeks. Thank you

Looking for ideas and comments regarding how we should get back to LAX after arriving back to port. Should we arrange transportation ahead of time? What if ship is late? Are there taxis or shuttles at port? Is it best to book transportation thru Carnival?

Any advice is appreciated. Leaving in a few weeks. Thank you

I would not book through Carnival.

There are taxis and shuttles.

If you are in a tight schedule I'd book ahead and book with someone like ExecuCar Express. If you use Uber, they are also reliable.

Thank you. I did look at ontine1. My question is how do you arrange time for pickup not knowing exactly when we will be off ship. What if ship us late? Do they monitor? Or do we call when we are off ship ?

We used them for our last cruise, but out of San Pedro. We were scheduled for a 9am or 9:30 pick up. When the driver got to the port, he called my cell number and I told him we were still on the ship. He said no problem, just give him a call when we get to the shuttle isle across from our berth. In the meantime, he circled around. (I think some drivers will go to a location near the port where they can wait for a call from their customers)

Make sure the company (whatever one you use) has your cell number, and you have a contact number at hand, too.

Friends recently used Uber post-cruise from Carnival to LAX. The fare was $32 (which can fluctuate) and they tipped $5. That's essentially the same fare as a shared van. The car showed up within 5 minutes and of course it's was an exclusive trip with no stops enroute.