A Few More Stupid (But Basic) Questions

Golfette

Does the Sapphire have clocks in their minisuites? And, does anyone know if there is any way I can "pre-reserve" those "egg crate" mattress covers? I read on a few recent threads that the egg crate mattress covers were "all in use" and no more were available to some passengers. I don't have much faith in calling the Princess Reps from what I've read on this Board. My husband has a bad back & since we apparently will not be getting those new perks (new mattress etc.), I'd like to assure him of a good nite's sleep. He gets SO cranky when he can't sleep!:o

As Rob said take your own travel clock. Also we requested an egg crate mattress a few years back on the Pacific Princess 2 when we got on board. We were on the Sapphire last year and felt we did not need them.

Marilyn

In case the egg crate isn't available, my cabin steward improvised and put two blankets folded over and tucked tightly under the bottom sheet. Worked just as well.

As the others have said, bring your own travel clock/alarm. You can then have it right next to the bed. Also, the phone system has an automated wake-up system so that you can set a wake-up call for any time and it's not dependent on the number of phone operators on duty. :)

Golfette, FWIW I hate the eggcrates and prefer the plain mattress. Your husband may too, particularly if his back needs firmer support.

Now dear, and I mean this in the nicest possible way, repeat after me:

--I will stop obsessing about the details of this cruise

--I will not worry about the mattress until it is a problem

--I will, yes I will, be able to walk up to the Anytime dining room without a reservation and be seated in a reasonable amount of time

--I will relax and enjoy everything.

(Repeat as often as needed)

Cherrylandtk, you are sweet & funny. To put your mind at ease, between waking up too early in the a.m. & playing my morning golf game, these questions occur to me. Let me obsess - it's one of the pleasures of my life.

Here's my advice, Golfette. If you think you might be worrying a little too much over a cruise detail, think instead about whether it is better to inhale or exhale during your backswing.

I probably just added about 6 strokes to your handicap, didn't I? Hit 'em well. :)

Cherrylandtk, you are sweet & funny. To put your mind at ease, between waking up too early in the a.m. & playing my morning golf game, these questions occur to me. Let me obsess - it's one of the pleasures of my life.

Don't worry Golfette, you're not the only one around here that obsesses about the details...I'm in there with you!

Archived