Tivoli Gardens fees?

DougH

Just wondering about costs for Tivoli Gardens. Is there an entrance fee and what does it include, or do you pay per ride? Do they accept credit cards or strictly local currency?

I'm not into rides so do you think it will still be of interest to visit? It seems to be one of the top attractions so I figure I really must visit while I'm in town for a couple of days.

There is an entrance fee (100dkk) and then you pay per ride. You can get a multi ride ticket for something like 220dkk which covers all rides.

There are also all inclusive packages available, which include entrance, rides and food, but I think they need booking in advance.

Yes, fees as above. To ride, you can pay per ride, or you can get a wrist band for unlimited rides. That what we did, so I can't comment how how the pay-as-you-go route works. They take credit cards at the front gate.

It is beautiful. It's definitely worth the minor cost of admission just to go in. They pack a LOT into such a small space, but the way the paths wind and curve it doesn't feel that small.

We had a great dinner while there, as well, in a biergarten type of place just inside the front gate and a bit to the left. Can't for the life of me remember the name!

Just because Tivoli Gardens is considered a major attraction in Copenhagen, it doesn't mean that it would appeal to you and that you have to go. On my first visit to Copenhagen, I went to Tivoli Gardens thinking it was a "must see". I wasn't interested in the rides and just walking around wasn't worth the cost of admission to me. So last summer when I was back in Copenhagen, I easily filled three days with sightseeing that did not include Tivoli Gardens.

Just because Tivoli Gardens is considered a major attraction in Copenhagen, it doesn't mean that it would appeal to you and that you have to go. On my first visit to Copenhagen, I went to Tivoli Gardens thinking it was a "must see". I wasn't interested in the rides and just walking around wasn't worth the cost of admission to me. So last summer when I was back in Copenhagen, I easily filled three days with sightseeing that did not include Tivoli Gardens.

I will have about 2 1/2 days in Copenhagen before my cruise. Can you make suggestions on what to see?

Copenhagen Free Walking Tours, Self-guided walking tour from the Rick Steves guidebook (places not covered on the Free Tour), National Museum, Rosenborg Castle, Canal Boat Ride, Shopping along Stroget, etc. One day I stayed in Copenhagen to do some of these things while my husband took the train to Roskilde to the Viking Museum which he really enjoyed. And had we had more time, we would have liked going to the Carlsberg Brewery.

Tivoli Gardens was nice, but without my 3 year old it wouldn't have been life altering to miss (my kid loved the rides, of course, so I'm glad we went). Free admission for one time is included in the Copenhagen Card (2 years ago that meant you could only enter once on your card, and could not leave and return to the park but you should check current requirements).

If you go, twilight is especially pretty because Tivoli gardens has lovely lights strung around. There are also fireworks that in the past occurred every Saturday night, but you might want to check to see if that is still the case.

We arrived in Copenhagen mid-afternoon after a long day of travelling from the western US. We had purchased the Copenhagen Card at the airport and Tivoli admission was included. We were too tired to think about exploring Copenhagen that day but it was too early for bed so we walked around Tivoli to get some fresh air and grabbed a bite to eat from a kiosk there. We mainly took pictures at Tivoli.

If anyone is planning to go to Tivoli, do some rides and eat there then it's worth looking at the all inclusive packages. Copenhagen is pretty expensive, and the all in ones include food (either a fast food place or a restaurant, depending on the package). The prices for the all inclusives look reasonable in comparison, but I believe that they need purchasing in advance.

I must admit that I had thought the TG were more than an amusement park so I was more than a bit disappointed when I got there. There was a huge queue and so we gave it a miss as we are not into theme parks. Much better bimbling around the city, especially the Parliament building.