are cabins noisy under windjammer

lenbest

We had an aft cabin uner the WJ and it wasn't bad at all. We heard a little noise but it was over before we went to sleep. I suggest you look at the deck plan to see exactly what is above you. I have a JS under the WJ on my next cruise and our room is under the carpeted walkway into the WJ. I'm doubtful it will be noisy enough to bother us. If you don't like where you are located, if you have the option, look to see if you can get it moved.

We were on the Explorer one year cabin 1654. This was under the Windjammer near the kitchen entrance. Every morning starting around 4:30am until 6:00am they were rolling carts in and out into the kitchen. It sounded like they were dragging metal along the floor. Other than that we didn't hear much noise but I didn't get much sleep that cruise.

We had a cabin under the buffet for one cruise. It was a really good deal because it was a GTY, but every morning at 5:30a they started rolling around carts and the doors have thresholds that caused the carts to bump loudly as they moved them.

We tried complaining, but what could they really do about it?

These days we always make sure there is a cabin above and below us, but even then you never know when you're going to get someone doing clogging at 3 in the morning :)

Tom

Cabin 13678 shouldn't be too bad noise wise as it is mostly under the tables area and its bed is on the outside close to the balcony door.

We had a few balconies under the kitchen area of the WJ. First on Radiance had dishwasher loading and operation noise above it typically just after midnight. Second on X Connie class ship, the Summit, was right under where the food carts rolled out from the kitchen over a threshold in the early morning.

attachment.php?attachmentid=377872&d=1456346739

aaWJ.jpg.25cc69d527584440fb2965619a6f7952.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Cabin 13678 shouldn't be too bad noise wise as it is mostly under the tables area and its bed is on the outside close to the balcony door.

We had a few balconies under the kitchen area of the WJ. First on Radiance had dishwasher loading and operation noise above it typically just after midnight. Second on X Connie class ship, the Summit, was right under where the food carts rolled out from the kitchen over a threshold in the early morning.

attachment.php?attachmentid=377872&d=1456346739

thanks again

Will never do the aft under the Windjammer again. All of us along the aft complained about the noise. They would wake you up very early morning dragging tables & chairs across the floor. Complaints did not help. Love the aft but never in that location again.

Will never do the aft under the Windjammer again. All of us along the aft complained about the noise. They would wake you up very early morning dragging tables & chairs across the floor. Complaints did not help. Love the aft but never in that location again.

This isn't a problem on the Radiance class...but ok if you don't want to book those wonderful tru afts..many of us will ;)

This isn't a problem on the Radiance class...but ok if you don't want to book those wonderful tru afts..many of us will ;)

Almost always book aft cabins...if you prefer under the Windjammer that is your preference. I prefer to have a good night sleep to enjoy my cruise. I make sure there are cabins above me after that experience. To each their own.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread. I have an upcoming cruise with an interior GTY that got assigned directly below the Windjammer. I decided based on the 50/50 feedback in here not to take any chances, and called up to get moved one deck lower. One less thing to worry about!

I'm amazed at how specific the inquiries get on this message board, and how many replies are posted to those specific topics. You guys are awesome.

If you look closely at the deck plan I attached earlier you will see that I superimposed the section of deck 13 where cabin 13678 is on top of the section of the WJ deck plan that is directly above it. I did this placing the elevators and staircases one above the other when clicking and dragging the deckplan for 13 over the the WJ's deck (14) plan.

Below I've enhanced that shot so one can see that cabin, indicated by the arrow, is aft of the Coastal Kitchen midway to the WJ's kitchen area which marked by the star.

attachment.php?attachmentid=378060&d=1456441859

aaWJ.jpg.917731a1545d183fe89ff24b7140a89c.jpg

Edited by robtulipe