Pre-Cruise Hotel - Cape Liberty

CruiseNTheWorld91

We are sailing on Anthem from Cape Liberty on May 5. We are going to do one night before and one night after but will stay in NYC after we get off the ship since we are seeing a Broadway show. That being said, I'd really prefer to stay money and stay on the other side of the bridge closer to the port on the night before the cruise. Any good hotels near Bayonne? Possibly with shuttle service?

We are sailing on Anthem from Cape Liberty on May 5. We are going to do one night before and one night after but will stay in NYC after we get off the ship since we are seeing a Broadway show. That being said, I'd really prefer to stay money and stay on the other side of the bridge closer to the port on the night before the cruise. Any good hotels near Bayonne? Possibly with shuttle service?

You should also post this in the East Coast Departures forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

There are a few hotels in the Elizabeth area that are not bad. We've used the Residence Inn there. I think there's a Country Inn & Suites that has a cruise package.

So you need a hotel for Wednesday, May 4th? Two people? What is your hotel budget? What airport are you flying into? What do you consider a "good" hotel? AAA or senior discounts?

You need transportation from the airport to the hotel and transportation from the hotel to the port. After the cruise you will take a car service to a Manhattan hotel.

Edited by 138east

I've stayed at the Country Inn in Elizabeth, NJ several times pre-cruise from Cape Liberty. Very reasonably priced, 5 minutes from the airport with free shuttle, free breakfast, and right next door to several restaurants and across the street from a large outlet mall (The Mills at Jersey Gardens).

They're in the midst of renovating the rooms so if you stay there, request a renovated room - they're quite nice!

The hotel has a shuttle to the port for $17.50pp, or you can book a private car service.

I would definitely stay there again for a night pre or post-cruise.

I've stayed at the Country Inn in Elizabeth, NJ several times pre-cruise from Cape Liberty. Very reasonably priced, 5 minutes from the airport with free shuttle, free breakfast, and right next door to several restaurants and across the street from a large outlet mall (The Mills at Jersey Gardens).

They're in the midst of renovating the rooms so if you stay there, request a renovated room - they're quite nice!

The hotel has a shuttle to the port for $17.50pp, or you can book a private car service.

I would definitely stay there again for a night pre or post-cruise.

That sounds perfect for us! Thanks!

Also, if you are landing at Newark you could stay at an airport hotel and head directly to Bayonne the next day. I liked the Hilton Newark Airport. The price was fairly low and the room was pretty nice. The have a shuttle from the airport and you would need ground transportation to Bayonne the next day.

There is a nice Renaissance (Marriott's upscale brand) that in the Newark airport area. I've stayed there twice pre-cruise and have liked it a lot. Its nice, classy, has a concierge lounge (may not be open on Friday or Saturday nights tho) and staff is always helpful. Food in the bar / restaurant is pretty good too.

Basically catch a free shuttle from EWR to the hotel, and take an uber to the Port of Bayonne (I think it cost like $40?)

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone stayed at the Ramada Inn? They have a park/hotel/ and shuttle for $202. Wondering which is better, country inn or ramada and which is closer to the port?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Has anyone stayed at the Ramada Inn? They have a park/hotel/ and shuttle for $202. Wondering which is better, country inn or ramada and which is closer to the port?

That's the Trinity reservations package that we recommend all the time. $202 is TAX INCLUDED!

I've stayed at both over the years - was just at CI two weeks ago. Ramada has a restaurant, a sports bar, and a cafe. Country Inns offers free breakfast and sells wine and snacks at the front desk, but no other food service. Their cruise package is also about $50 more when you include tax. Ramada is slightly closer to the port, but not by that much. You also need very clear written directions coming from Exit 14 - I78 west LOCAL to get off at Frontage Road (2nd exit).

• 6 months later...

We cruised out of Bayonne in Sept and stayed at Country Inn. The shuttle service was very good.

I just canceled our reservation there as it was over $300. I have the Ramada booked thru Trinity for $214 that includes taxes, parking and a shuttle both ways, and also a reservation at Parkway Parking for $124 for parking our vehicle.

I am debating which one to cancel. I could stay in Pa at a hotel for under $100 and drive 2 hours in to the parking lot that is less then a mile away from the cruise port with shuttles that run frequently or wait 1/2 hour or longer to get back to Ramada.

Ramada doesn't have a "free" breakfast, not that we need it as we can all miss a meal or so before our cruise.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Edited by miched

We cruised out of Bayonne in Sept and stayed at Country Inn. The shuttle service was very good.

I just canceled our reservation there as it was over $300. I have the Ramada booked thru Trinity for $214 that includes taxes, parking and a shuttle both ways, and also a reservation at Parkway Parking for $124 for parking our vehicle.

I am debating which one to cancel. I could stay in Pa at a hotel for under $100 and drive 2 hours in to the parking lot that is less then a mile away from the cruise port with shuttles that run frequently or wait 1/2 hour or longer to get back to Ramada.

Ramada doesn't have a "free" breakfast, not that we need it as we can all miss a meal or so before our cruise.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

As I advised on your other thread, park at the Ramada. I've done just about every option available to get to Cape Liberty and that's what I've chosen to do in February.

You've seen the Cape Liberty/Bayonne area. Do you really want to ditch your car in an industrial area surrounded by a chain link fence for 9 days? It's not a real parking facility - just some underutilized area that has been rented to warehouse cars while folks cruise. There are also questions as to whether they are offering a licensed insured shuttle service. If not, you are effectively hitching a ride to the port with a total stranger.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I used Premier Parking which I now believe is Parkway Parking, as the address is the same for both. I would not recommend their parking "lot"

to anyone and never again would I use their "lot". I wrote a review of my experience so as to alert others. Hopefully you can find the review (Premier Parking) and make an informed decision!

I used Premier Parking which I now believe is Parkway Parking, as the address is the same for both. I would not recommend their parking "lot"

to anyone and never again would I use their "lot". I wrote a review of my experience so as to alert others. Hopefully you can find the review (Premier Parking) and make an informed decision!

I found your review - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2245077&highlight=Meadowlander

It would be great if someone could take pictures of the parking lot and the shuttle vans to see if they have the correct NJ plates to be used in a shuttle operation. Then folks could make a more informed decision if they want to leave their car there.

I found your review - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2245077&highlight=Meadowlander

It would be great if someone could take pictures of the parking lot and the shuttle vans to see if they have the correct NJ plates to be used in a shuttle operation. Then folks could make a more informed decision if they want to leave their car there.

Carol,

I live not far from cape liberty and the off site lot. I rarely go that way but should I, I will take photos as their fenced in lot is open during the day due to it being a parcel of a self storage facility. I have no doubt that the numerous pot holes, that have been there for years, are still there. Just as I have little doubt that the lot has any painted lines needed to mark off parking spaces.

Thanks to you, I will use public transportation for my next Bayonne cruise, leaving the car at home where I know it will be safe.

Carol,

I live not far from cape liberty and the off site lot. I rarely go that way but should I, I will take photos as their fenced in lot is open during the day due to it being a parcel of a self storage facility. I have no doubt that the numerous pot holes, that have been there for years, are still there. Just as I have little doubt that the lot has any painted lines needed to mark off parking spaces.

Thanks to you, I will use public transportation for my next Bayonne cruise, leaving the car at home where I know it will be safe.

I've had great success with public transit to Cape Liberty from both Newark and Manhattan. The trains are empty and no problem with rolling luggage. Sometimes you have to wait for a taxi. However, one poster recommended Uber.

I'm cruising on a Tuesday in Feb and have decided to drive this time and use the park/sleep/cruise through Trinityreservations at the Ramada. I've gotten clipped by snowstorms the last two times I've cruised in the winter, so I want options both pre and post cruise in case the weather is awful. Cruise insurance covered one of the trips where I made it to Boston, but couldn't get to my house in the blizzard. It was a scary trip on Amtrak. This time I have Sat and Sun to get to NY and Sun and a Mon holiday to get home, so I really feel comfortable that I have a plan A, B, and C.

Edited by 138east