Anthem - Spa

js

Hi. Does the Anthem have a spa? Is it suppose to be very nice? Can you purchase a weekly spa pass? Alo it doesnt look like tthere are spa balconies. Is that correct?

Thank you so much!

Yes there is the Vitality Spa on deck 15 which is also part of the Vitality Fitness Center on deck 16. RCI does have several categories of balcony staterooms but the Spa category is specific to NCL.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Yes there is the Vitality Spa on deck 15 which is also part of the Vitality Fitness Center on deck 16. RCI does have several categories of balcony staterooms but the Spa category is specific to NCL.

Thank you. Can you purchase a weekly pass? If so, how much does it cost.

You can access and use the fitness center at no charge. Spa services are individually priced and vary by whatever product or service you are interested in. They typically will offer specials on board that will provide a discount over the normal rate. This will vary by ship.

Here is a link describing the spa services in greater detail - just hit the "spa" tab:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_things_to_do

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Hi. Does the Anthem have a spa? Is it suppose to be very nice? Can you purchase a weekly spa pass? Alo it doesnt look like tthere are spa balconies. Is that correct?

Thank you so much!

We bought the spa package on last week's Anthem cruise. It was $99 for one person, $179 for two....with the added tax and gratuity, it came out to $211 for two of us. In our opinion, it was not worth it. There are only six heated beds in the very small spa area. The area has a steam room, sauna, and tropical shower...all of the features are co-ed. There is a relaxation room where you can get some water, which was not always available, and a locker room where robes (available on occasion) and sandals are available for you.

Because there were so few beds, we witnessed quite a few altercations from people who would get up off their beds to use the sauna and then would return to find other people occupying their beds. (No person should monopolize them, and a staff member walked into the area to remind people that the limit was 30 minutes.) We will not be purchasing the spa pass on a future cruise.

I was hoping they had improved the design over the Oasis class - but it sounds exactly the same. I was able to get a day pass for $30 on Oasis (because it was not a regular 7 day cruise) and I am so glad I did not have buy a weekly pass. It was exactly as mmmmbacon describes. I would not have gone back.

You can get a spa tour on the first day and see that area and judge for yourself. The weekly passes are generally limited, although there can be exceptions for suites.

Not sure why they go and design such a beautiful ship and don't try to even come close to matching what you find on Princess or other cruise lines.

• 2 months later...

My husband and I purchased the Spa Package on the Anthem in March which totaled $211.00 including tax. Not worth it. The thermal beds were always in use. No limit for the amount of time someone could occupy the bed. Just not a comfortable feel to the place. Only went there twice in 12 nights.

• 2 weeks later...