Scheduling a meet and greet

jmbr996

What needs to be done to notify the ship about a meet and greet and possibly get it printed in the Times?

In the past, John H said if you emailed him he would set it up (at least the room, can't comment on getting it in the Fun Times). I would try that.

What needs to be done to notify the ship about a meet and greet and possibly get it printed in the Times?

If you did set up a meet and greet it would be with/for the people in your roll call. This would make it a private function that you typically wouldn't want to advertise in the Fun Times.

have a great cruise

If you are planning an informal (i.e. not hosted, or arranged with Carnival's Guest Services group) meet and greet, then 4 days before your cruise, post a request for said meet and greet on John Heald's Facebook page.

Here is the link to John's post regarding this question specifically. He mentions "organising a FB Group", but I am certain the origin of the group is irrelevant.

https://www.facebook.com/JohnHeald/posts/925031990872696

Our group (combined CC and FB) arranged our meet and greet in this way and it went very well. One piece of advice though - try to get the exact time and location before you sail, or you may end up scrambling to get the word out. ;-)

I wouldn't bother to have it posted in the Fun Times. Just post your plans on your roll call. Make your Meet & Greet an informal gathering at a designated time and place. Example: 9:30 - 10:30 p.m. Embarkation evening by the bar across from the pizza station. Everyone participating wear something identifiable, such as Mardi Gras beads. If you're lucky, roughly a third of those on your roll call will stop by for a drink and say "Hello". On our last two cruises, since several had purchased the "Cheers" package, no one wanted to pay extra for a private cocktail party, so those interested in a M&G opted for an informal gathering. This is what we're doing on our upcoming cruise. We just need for everyone to agree on a time and place, then see who shows up.;)