Europe in mid. May .

Hi. I am looking for Mid .May-13-2016 cruise on Jewel out of Rome. Everything looks good for me but my 8 years old just told me that she wants to swim not to walk around :p . So big question come up - Will she be able to swim in pool? How warm water can be ? Is there closed pool or heated pool on Jewel?

ports are:

Marseilles

Barcelona

Palma De Mallorca

Malta

Messina

Edited by GOLDENBONNY

Hi. I am looking for Mid .May-13-2016 cruise on Jewel out of Rome. Everything looks good for me but my 8 years old just told me that she wants to swim not to walk around :p . So big question come up - Will she be able to swim in pool? How warm water can be ? Is there closed pool or heated pool on Jewel?

ports are:

Marseilles

Barcelona

Palma De Mallorca

Malta

Messina

There is a closed pool on Jewel, in the Solarium, but it is limited to age 16 and over. There is a possibility they may allow younger ages in there for certain periods of time during the day, but they usually only do that for inclement weather. I would not count on it.

There is a closed pool on Jewel, in the Solarium, but it is limited to age 16 and over. There is a possibility they may allow younger ages in there for certain periods of time during the day, but they usually only do that for inclement weather. I would not count on it.

thank you:(

May usually is a wonderful month to go sightseeing in the Mediterranean, even if you might have a rainy day or two as well. But even if the sea has been warmer these last few years, it will still be a bit cool to really bathe in the Mediterranean sea. Depends a bit where you come from and if you're used to hop into the sea ! ;) In Norway and Scotland, for example, children played in the waves when we walked along the beach in sweater, jacket and woollen hat...:o

But it really is a good itinerary for exploring with an 8-year-old. There's lots to do and to experience and in the cities mentioned you might also find a pool to relax in. And Palma has good beaches and it will be warm, too.

May usually is a wonderful month to go sightseeing in the Mediterranean, even if you might have a rainy day or two as well. But even if the sea has been warmer these last few years, it will still be a bit cool to really bathe in the Mediterranean sea. Depends a bit where you come from and if you're used to hop into the sea ! ;) In Norway and Scotland, for example, children played in the waves when we walked along the beach in sweater, jacket and woollen hat...:o

But it really is a good itinerary for exploring with an 8-year-old. There's lots to do and to experience and in the cities mentioned you might also find a pool to relax in. And Palma has good beaches and it will be warm, too.

My other option is HAL Oosterdam they have heated poll and roof for sure but I love Royal ports on call better and cruise line better for kids :o I guess :confused:

My other option is HAL Oosterdam they have heated poll and roof for sure but I love Royal ports on call better and cruise line better for kids :o I guess :confused:

May is not a holiday month in Europe so I'm not sure if your daughter will meet many kids on the ships ( either Jewel or Oosterdam) anyway.

I have another suggestion for you to consider:

The Carnival Vista is a brand-new ship sailing the Med this season and they offer unbelievable knock-down prices ( at least here in Europe = 800-900$ for 10 day p.p. in a balcony cabin) and it will have super opportunities for kids and I liked the itinerary as well.

I haven't sailed Carnival before and haven't considered it, yet, but if I could go myself this time , I would!!

Whatever you choose in the end - happy sailing!!

Edited by grayjay
typo

[quote name=grayjay;49205520 In Norway and Scotland' date=' for example, children played in the waves when we walked along the beach in sweater, jacket and woollen hat...:o

.[/quote]

A mild winter day where I live is around -10c. A fantastic summer day is +30c...

Med in May should be warm enough for a swim, unless you are used to tropical climate. If so, it might be a bit chill..

A mild winter day where I live is around -10c. A fantastic summer day is +30c...

Med in May should be warm enough for a swim, unless you are used to tropical climate. If so, it might be a bit chill..

WE are Canadians .Wea are as far from tropical as it can be :mad::mad:

Hi. I am looking for Mid .May-13-2016 cruise on Jewel out of Rome. Everything looks good for me but my 8 years old just told me that she wants to swim not to walk around[emoji14]. So big question come up - Will she be able to swim in pool? How warm water can be ? Is there closed pool or heated pool on Jewel?

ports are:

Marseilles

Barcelona

Palma De Mallorca

Malta

Messina

She will definitely be able to use the outdoor pool in May if it is sunny. Temperatures should be well over 20° C during the day.