Entertainment on Eclipse

BigJH

We are sailing on Eclipse on the 31st July, and having done the same sailing 2 years ago, we are wondering how far in advance do they know who the entertainers will be on any particular sailing.

Even though we have young children, last time they enjoyed the Jazz in the Ensemble Lounge (I can't remember his name but he (and his band)) were great - however, when we were on the ship it was his last season...

Is there a spreadsheet anywhere that shows how is on what ship and on what sailing dates - we had Mike Doyle last time and he was very good...even for our children.

There is no spreadsheet and entertainers change literally weekly. Changes are frequent to plans as we know a guitar player/singer who moved twice from ship to ship during a contract to fill needs. Absolutely no way I know to find out who will be on board is to get on board as while the band and production shows usually stay on, the contract acts change from cruise to cruise. Remember lots of people do B2B cruises and do not want exactly the same thing on both cruises.

We are sailing on Eclipse on the 31st July, and having done the same sailing 2 years ago, we are wondering how far in advance do they know who the entertainers will be on any particular sailing.

Even though we have young children, last time they enjoyed the Jazz in the Ensemble Lounge (I can't remember his name but he (and his band)) were great - however, when we were on the ship it was his last season...

Is there a spreadsheet anywhere that shows how is on what ship and on what sailing dates - we had Mike Doyle last time and he was very good...even for our children.

It was likely Ray Brown. (google him) He's been on Eclipse the last couple times we sailed. FYI he's Ella Fitzgerald's son. I agree, he's great. He should be, huh!

As far as entertainment elsewhere on the ship, isn't not always easy to know. It can change close to sailing. Likely the big shows will be Topper, Rock and the other new one, as they just debuted last year.

Unfortunately it was neither of those mentioned- the person in question (I can't believe I don't remember his name) was on Eclipse 2 years ago and had a small band which he headed up. He played the drums and sang mainly but also played the harmonica. There was also a woman that joined him to sing, he always told stories of when he played with some of the greats - I think this looks like a long search of Google.......

Unfortunately it was neither of those mentioned- the person in question (I can't believe I don't remember his name) was on Eclipse 2 years ago and had a small band which he headed up. He played the drums and sang mainly but also played the harmonica. There was also a woman that joined him to sing, he always told stories of when he played with some of the greats - I think this looks like a long search of Google.......

A quick search of my photos and found what I was looking for, the person in question was Les De Merle (apologies for the poor photo)...

ImageUploadedByForums1456561846.096538.jpg.ef77e3cb384331d8370c44b4c2575090.jpg