How do you stay sane between cruises?!

0pelletier0

Hey all,

Haven't posted in a while.. just got back from our 2016 cruise at the beginning of February. Usually we go closer to mid-late February, but this year we went early on January 30th on the Breeze.

I'm already back and going stir crazy waiting for next year's cruise! Some of my things to help curb the cruise addiction throughout the year are...

*put a toonie (I'm from Canada... $2 coins...) in my "trip fund" vase everytime I workout, gives me a drive to workout and get that beach body ready.. only 348 days left...... as well as save an extra bit of spending money. It's exciting watching the container get fuller and fuller.

*do ocean/fish/underwater themed puzzles and games, and watch ocean life documentaries - if I can't find anything to do with a cruise ship, might as well be the ocean - as close as it can get.

*track the price of my prospective cruise for next year, plan excursions, watch flight prices, etc.

However, I still find myself bored and trying to fight the cruise addiction. Looking for other ideas :) What do you guys do to curb the withdrawals in between cruises?!

I occupy my time by booking new cruises. :D Right now I'm pretty much maxed out with cruises that I can book, though. Two per year is max for my husband and I, and it's too early to book anything for 2018. So, I just focus on planning excursions, hotels, flights, etc. for my next cruises.

That's why I started my blog--so that when I'm not actually traveling I'm researching or writing about it. It helps somewhat but it's no substitution for the real thing!

Love this idea!! I've been trying to show EVERYBODY my pictures from the trip so I can reminisce and relive it but unfortunately, there's only so many people to show!

We stretch out each of the steps below for the maximum amount of time and enjoyment:

As soon as we're done rehashing the cruise we just completed DH and I begin narrowing down where we want to go next.

Then we peruse CCL, HAL, RCCL to find cruises that fit our desires comparing the dates, prices, and perks involved.

Once we decide on a specific cruise we study the ship we'll take and decide on where we want a cabin.

Now it's time for a trip to our TA (who's a real jewel) to actually book. :D

Once booked, we do in depth study of the ports of call and on the amenities offered on the ship.

In the month before,I begin planning what clothes and "stuff" we'll need to take making sure everything is cleaned and pressed. A week ahead I pack and get the house ready for our departure.

How do I stay sane between cruises???

I dont.

I just become insanely addicted to cruise critic, and live vicariously though other people's reviews. LOL.

I even had a 4 your lapse between cruises once:eek: I hope that does not repeat. trying now to get a way every year or two.

Op, your ideas are very good though. I think I will start the toonie thing today. 6 months away from my cruise, but it will buy a few dods and a meal in the steakhouse for sure.

lol...just did the math. 6 months of a toonie a day, will by me cheers and a meal at the steakhouse. I start right now!

Edited by SMSACE6