What is Diamond discount if any for internet?

Herby

It's been a while since Ive cruised and I don't really know perks I get as a diamond member. Im interested in the Voom internet and was wondering if there was any discount for it? Im sailing on the Anthem in May.

Diamonds get either one free 24-hour period, or $30/$40 (depending on ship) off a package.

It's been a while since Ive cruised and I don't really know perks I get as a diamond member. Im interested in the Voom internet and was wondering if there was any discount for it? Im sailing on the Anthem in May.

Here's another current thread on the same topic:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2320775

• 1 month later...
Diamonds get either one free 24-hour period, or $30/$40 (depending on ship) off a package.

I'm sailing on a Jewel 15 day TA. The only "packages" I see are $20/$30 a day rates; no multi-day packages. Is this correct?

I'm sailing on a Jewel 15 day TA. The only "packages" I see are $20/$30 a day rates; no multi-day packages. Is this correct?

I believe the $20/$30 day packages are the multi-day rates. Those were the rates for the pre-VOOM internet.

I would not purchase pre-cruise at those rates. First I would call C&A and ask if they have any promos on internet for your cruise. It seems some sailings are not showing promos properly. If C&A says there are no promos, then I'd wait and purchase on board. If you are on the fall TA, then keep checking your Cruise Planner for promo rates to show up.

I believe the $20/$30 day packages are the multi-day rates. Those were the rates for the pre-VOOM internet.

I would not purchase pre-cruise at those rates. First I would call C&A and ask if they have any promos on internet for your cruise. It seems some sailings are not showing promos properly. If C&A says there are no promos, then I'd wait and purchase on board. If you are on the fall TA, then keep checking your Cruise Planner for promo rates to show up.

Thanks for the response.

Its really confusing to me. We are on the April 28th sailing. If I'm understanding this correctly, my wife and I, single device, can get the first 4 days free (12noon to 12noon) but then must pay $220 for the remaining 11 days of the cruise. Alternatively, I can start the freebies on Day 10 and just pay $20 for the final day of the cruise. So you must buy, at least, one day to take advantage of the Diamond internet perk. Is that correct?

On my recent five-day cruise, the internet package was $20 for one device. I used my Diamond $40 to buy internet on the last two days, and did without internet for the other three days. So I did not buy anything, and still took advantage of the Diamond internet perk.

Thanks for the response.

Its really confusing to me. We are on the April 28th sailing. If I'm understanding this correctly, my wife and I, single device, can get the first 4 days free (12noon to 12noon) but then must pay $220 for the remaining 11 days of the cruise. Alternatively, I can start the freebies on Day 10 and just pay $20 for the final day of the cruise. So you must buy, at least, one day to take advantage of the Diamond internet perk. Is that correct?

True, but as Bob said you should wait to board before buying any WiFi package. From reporting on here it seems just about everyone with a sailing starting next week has some Voom package available at $10/day. See if you can get some sort of deal after you board.