Aft balcony, wrap - on which ship? Need advice

blessedwith12

I've had balcony cabins twice - on the Legend and Miracle. Both balconies were rather small and just had chairs on them. What category of balcony do I need to get to have a lounger? And...on which ships? I want to book a cruise for my husband and I and I usually book according to itinerary. But, for this cruise, my top priority is a balcony we can lay down on. What do you suggest?

We've had aft wraps on Spirit-class ships (vista suites), Conquest-class, and Victory. All had loungers. We also had a lounger on the "bowling alley" balcony on Breeze. However if you're interested in sunning you'll want to make sure your balcony isn't mostly covered. That bowling-alley balcony was completely covered - not a problem for me since I don't tan.

We've had aft wraps on Spirit-class ships (vista suites), Conquest-class, and Victory. All had loungers. We also had a lounger on the "bowling alley" balcony on Breeze. However if you're interested in sunning you'll want to make sure your balcony isn't mostly covered. That bowling-alley balcony was completely covered - not a problem for me since I don't tan.

We have had a few aft wraps (Breeze, Magic, Dream, Splendor, Legend) on the Splendor, it had two loungers and 4 chairs out there.

My husband talked me into an aft wrap for our last cruise on the Glory. At first I didn't think it was worth getting so much balcony for only two people, but we both ended up loving it!

I believe there were two loungers, three chairs, and two small tables. It was very spacious and the shape ensured that there was always some shade (I burn easily and try to avoid direct sunlight) no matter where the sun was. I also enjoyed the view of the wake while the ship was in motion.

I've had balcony cabins twice - on the Legend and Miracle. Both balconies were rather small and just had chairs on them. What category of balcony do I need to get to have a lounger? And...on which ships? I want to book a cruise for my husband and I and I usually book according to itinerary. But, for this cruise, my top priority is a balcony we can lay down on. What do you suggest?

Also, on the Spirit class ships (Miracle, Pride, etc), the aft wraps are two room Vista suites!

The best are on the Spirit class ships: Miracle, Pride, Legend & Spirit.

They are Vista Suites with separate bedroom except on the 5th deck, they are one large cabin.

The lower the deck, the larger the balcony will be.

We have had two (1 on Spirit & 1 on Legend) on Main Deck 4 and they are fantastic!

Thanks for all the suggestions and pictures. This is the first time I will book based on a room and I didn't know where to start!
I have a funny story about booking based on a cabin. We booked our 2010 cruise on Conquest specifically to get a deck 8 aft wrap. Didn't book for the ship (although we love Conquest), didn't book for the ports (we'd visited all of them previously) - we wanted that aft wrap. Our sons were booked in the next aft balcony (divider does not open, BTW). Two days before the cruise DH received a call from the Upsell Fairy to move us and sons to a Grand Suite for an additional $500. Now, since we booked the cruise for the cabin DH turned it down. A few hours later DH received another call. This time the offer was to move the four of us to the Grand Suite - with sons' cruise fares counting as onboard credit. That was too good a deal to pass up.:D Someone must have really wanted that aft wrap. Edited by nybumpkin

We had an aft wrap suite on Pride. It is 2 rooms. There was one lounger on the balcony.

If you're looking for more sun, I believe the aft wrap balcony on deck 4 on the Spirit class ships is more covered, so you might want to choose deck 5 or up for less cover. Here is someone's video of a deck 4 aft wrap Vista suite. Toward the end of the video you can see the amount of cover on the balcony.