New menus in Blu?

travellerin1984

The answer is NO. This is probably one of the Celebrity rules that is strictly enforced.

Of course, you can join them in the MDR if they are Select Dining or you can go together in the Speciality Restaurants.

Yes, just to confirm, this is one rule that they actually do enforce, even for Breakfast.

We have eaten in Blu since it was introduced o

Sorry about that. We have enjoyed Blu since its introduction on Solstice. Always enjoyed the lighter lower sodium food. This March we sailed on Reflection and ate in Luminae. We enjoy Blu more. Found the food in Luminae had too much fat too much salt and the desserts too much sugar. The food tasted very good but was much too heavy. Next time we sail in a suite Weill check the menus in both L and Blu daily to decide which we prefer. I gained 8 pounds that week don't want to do that again.

Agree....too much game bird !

would like more fish .

I agree. It is a personal thing that I wont order veal, lamb, quail or pigeon. I personally would not order from the MDR when dinning in Blu. But if you do you should be giving them a extra tip for they are going out of their way to be helpful.

On our recent Equinox cruise, during the Top Chef competition, the head chef for the ship was asked if/when menus would be changing. He replied that over the next two years, all the menus would be changing, starting with Blu and ending with the MRD. Did not give ( as I recall) the timeline.

Edited by vickykay

We note that there were more lamb and duck dishes. Outstanding. We were pleased with the new additions. On a couple of nights, they had a light appetizer before the formal appetizer. I am sorry but I don't recall what it was called on the menu. Light additions.

That was likely what is called an "amuse bouche" and Luminae has that every night plus an "amuse dessert." Nice touch. We liked a few of the pre-appetizers on Luminae so well that we asked for a larger serving!

This is our first Celebrity cruise and we booked Aqua based on friends suggestions mostly because of Blu. We don't eat duck or lamb. We stick to beef or fish mostly. Will we be disappointed? We are still pretty easy to please and can usually find something. It just seems lately most posts have been about choices for which we don't care.

We are on the Reflection now & there are often beef, chicken or fish dishes on the menu in Blu.

Just back from Equinox and we did find it difficult to find a dinner entree most evenings. Quail, pheasant, squab, lamb & duck don't work for us at all. However, every breakfast was wonderful and the absolute best service from crew all over the ship. We ate 2 times in Tuscan and 5 or 6 times in Oceanview when we didn't like the evening menu in Blu. No big deal, we certainly didn't go hungry.

• 3 months later...

When we have been on the Equinox in March this year, we talked to the captain's club host about the blu menus being the same 14days menus since ever.

She said that she will pass this feedback to Miami.

Afterwards we walked in to Blu for Dinner. And guess what? The maitre and the chef came to our table to tell us that the Blu menu will change soon.

We asked for a timeline and have been told that we missed it by four of five cruises.

So I wonder why they still have not rolled out the new menus.

I really hope they have something new to offer on our next Celebrity cruise(s). We love the food but we have gone through everything even the entrees we normally wouldnt not choose - just to try it.

Respectfully disagree. They are separate kitchens on S class, but not on M class.

Hmmmm, we were on Infinity (M class) last April eating in Blu. We were told by the Maitre de Jorge that indeed the kitchen was separate and on different decks. I didn't ask for a kitchen tour, so I can't verify.

We just love Blu, old menu or not. We'll be eating in Blu again in less than a month! We are both on diets to prepare for the plentiful bounty.

Do they offer the made to order muesli cart at breakfast ?

We missed that on EQ in January......

Table side muesli is not available on itineraries in US waters because of US Health standards with regards to design of the carts ( e.g. no sneeze guards). However, some pax have reported that they did get table side muesli anyway, but in general the answer is "no" in US waters. I was told that the carts are being redesigned to meet US standards and table side muesli would be available again, "soon". In the meantime, you can order muesli in Blu and it will be brought from the kitchen.

[quote name=El Crucero;50664483

Table side muesli is not available on itineraries in US waters because of US Health standards with regards to design of the carts ( e.g. no sneeze guards). However' date=' some pax have reported that they did get table side muesli anyway, but in general the answer is "no" in US waters. I was told that the carts are being redesigned to meet US standards and table side muesli would be available again, "soon". In the meantime, you can order muesli in Blu and it will be brought from the kitchen.[/quote]

We were on the Reflection and table side muesli was available for breakfast in Blu daily. It was delicious. It was not available tableside in Luminae on our trip as some cruisers from suites opted to have breakfast in Blu.

I don't know what people mean when they say "U.S. waters". Is that when docked in Miami?

We were on the Reflection and table side muesli was available for breakfast in Blu daily.

I don't know what people mean when they say "U.S. waters". Is that when docked in Miami?

What was your itinerary?

We were on Reflection last year. The itinerary was board in Miami, stops in Mexico, and back to Miami. Obviously breakfast was not served in Blu on embarkation day or on final day in Miami. The cruise was in Mexican waters and table side muesli was served in Blu on those days.

Edited by El Crucero

US waters....hmm....in the case of US health laws, that's 24 miles from shore. BTW, the US health laws claim for eliminating the buffet is also a red herring....no validity.

Celebrity seems to follow US laws when it's convenient....or more likely, the reason given for some action is what the person you ask thinks is true, perhaps based on someone else passing on what they thought was true.

We've seen them prepare Muesli on the cart placed at the side of the room on some cruises, that's still over a rug and without sneeze guards. Funny, I've never seen a sneeze guard over a hibachi table in a Japanese Restaurant in the US where everyone is sitting around watching their food cook. One just has to wonder.......

Net...you may find it prepared at your table or perhaps not....but there's no consistency that I've found on the muesli.

What was your itinerary?

We were on Reflection last year. The itinerary was board in Miami, stops in Mexico, and back to Miami. Obviously breakfast was not served in Blu on embarkation day or on final day in Miami. The cruise was in Mexican waters and table side muesli was served in Blu on those days.

We had tableside "Ewell Gibbons" mix served in Blu on Summit to Bermuda in June. Breakfast in Blu was served on the final day we docked in Bayonne.

What was your itinerary?

We left from Miami and did the Western Caribbean. Ports included Jamaica, Cozumel, Nassau, and Grand Cayman. The cart was pushed to the end of our row of tables and I was called to come up to the cart and indicate what I wanted. It was delicious.

We left from Miami and did the Western Caribbean. Ports included Jamaica, Cozumel, Nassau, and Grand Cayman. The cart was pushed to the end of our row of tables and I was called to come up to the cart and indicate what I wanted. It was delicious.

Yes, you will have table side muesli in the Caribbean because that is not US waters (as much as we would like to think), those are International waters.

You bring up another issue for Celebrity. The muesli carts are being redesigned in a different format so they can fit better in the constrained confines of Blu. Once redesigned, the carts will be able to roll up right to your table without blocking passageways.

Three years ago I was assured by the Executive Chef on Infinity that Blu menus fleet-wide would be changed & updated by mid 2014. On Equinox in Fall of 2014 I was assured by the F&B Manager that as soon as Luminae was "settled in" the Blu menus would be updated, probably by mid-year 2015. It's mid-year 2016, and the word is still "any day now"??? There's a real credibility issue here. :rolleyes: And I, who only sailed AQ, has stopped booking AQ cabins for the most part. Lost revenue, Celebrity.:(

When we have been on the Equinox in March this year, we talked to the captain's club host about the blu menus being the same 14days menus since ever.

She said that she will pass this feedback to Miami.

Afterwards we walked in to Blu for Dinner. And guess what? The maitre and the chef came to our table to tell us that the Blu menu will change soon.

We asked for a timeline and have been told that we missed it by four of five cruises.

So I wonder why they still have not rolled out the new menus.

I really hope they have something new to offer on our next Celebrity cruise(s). We love the food but we have gone through everything even the entrees we normally wouldnt not choose - just to try it.

Just back from Equinox and we did find it difficult to find a dinner entree most evenings. Quail, pheasant, squab, lamb & duck don't work for us at all. However, every breakfast was wonderful and the absolute best service from crew all over the ship. We ate 2 times in Tuscan and 5 or 6 times in Oceanview when we didn't like the evening menu in Blu. No big deal, we certainly didn't go hungry.

Did you request chicken or something else? We chose to eat in Blu(early, early) because we found some of Luminae's food to heavy for our personal tastes. Laminae just wanted us to be happy and enjoy our cruise, so they suggested Blu on some nights. Everyone in Blu went out of their way to accommodate us, and their entree's were all wonderful. We were also told that we could order from any menu - Equinox...I always find that asking politely when I have an issue returns wonderful results...after all we are all customers who have paid for that kind of experience. Always find someone who will listen to your concerns. Our waiter in Blu tried so hard to please us, that we personally gave her a tip for doing everything possible! It certainly wasn't her fault and we did not want her to think that it was...

Edited by Lastdance

Three years ago I was assured by the Executive Chef on Infinity that Blu menus fleet-wide would be changed & updated by mid 2014. On Equinox in Fall of 2014 I was assured by the F&B Manager that as soon as Luminae was "settled in" the Blu menus would be updated, probably by mid-year 2015. It's mid-year 2016, and the word is still "any day now"??? (

I am not sure what ships you have been on lately but the Blu menu has been changed on the Reflection this past winter. I thought there had been an improvement in the quality and variety of food offerings.

lastdance, we had no problem with the service. The servers were amazing. Unfortunately, since I had chemo I cannot stand the texture of chicken and I have never liked game birds so I was severly limited on choice. My husband is a meat and potatoes kind of guy and he did not see choices for him. I could have been really happy with appetizers, soup, salad and dessert in any mix.

That's what I read aswell, but currently it is only on Reflection and only some items from what I know.

Hope they roll out the changed menus asap!

On Reflection, they started our meal with an "Everyday Appetizer Menu" which listed appetizers/soup from the MDR. The biggest change I noted was an increase in the number of entrees involving duck and other birds. Lobster came with a side of melted butter. Also, there were significant changes in the dessert menu which did not thrill me. At least they had creme brule on the everyday dessert offering as well as ice cream and sorbet.