New menus in Blu?

travellerin1984

I am not sure what ships you have been on lately but the Blu menu has been changed on the Reflection this past winter. I thought there had been an improvement in the quality and variety of food offerings.

That's very good news, as one of the two Reflection cruises I have upcoming in October is in AQ.I have been sailing Eclipse, Equinox and Silhouette since Fall 2014. EQ 2014 was my last AQ.

Please see the video clip for recent Blu menus (May) and food pictures...

[YOUTUBE]IZ5eFfLRz0k[/YOUTUBE]

Hi Oliver,

It was nice to be able to be on the Iceland cruise with you. I have seen your menus and food pics before; but now that we are finally going to try Blu in October, I am paying closer attention to it. Why are some of the menus one page and some on two pages? Are the one page menus for lunch?

I am looking forward to getting food pics of totally different menus from those in the MDR.

Hi Mike!

Nice to hear from you! I am still working on our review... unfortunately we have a lot of other things going on at the moment. And the next cruise coming up in 6 weeks.

The menus are the same. The one page pics are just photos I took from the menus hanging in a display at the entrance while the two page menus are the ones handed to you at the table.

Just a different format...

Edited by Miaminice

Hi Mike!

Nice to hear from you! I am still working on our review... unfortunately we have a lot of other things going on at the moment. And the next cruise coming up in 6 weeks.

The menus are the same. The one page pics are just photos I took from the menus hanging in a display at the entrance while the two page menus are the ones handed to you at the table.

Just a different format...

That makes sense. Thanks for letting me know. Do please let me know when your Iceland review is completed. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

.... I have seen your menus and food pics before; but now that we are finally going to try Blu in October, I am paying closer attention to it. Why are some of the menus one page and some on two pages? Are the one page menus for lunch?

Mike: Just a quick note -- Blu is not open for lunch. They serve breakfast and dinner only.

On Reflection, they started our meal with an "Everyday Appetizer Menu" which listed appetizers/soup from the MDR. The biggest change I noted was an increase in the number of entrees involving duck and other birds. Lobster came with a side of melted butter. Also, there were significant changes in the dessert menu which did not thrill me. At least they had creme brule on the everyday dessert offering as well as ice cream and sorbet.

Please clarify...

Did they have the usual BLU appetizers as well with these MDR items being additional choices?

WOW.. even more game dishes...they already had an imbalance with squab, quail duck etc...We'll be growing feathers...

We'll be interested to see what they offer on Infinity in Oct...

Please clarify...

Did they have the usual BLU appetizers as well with these MDR items being additional choices?

WOW.. even more game dishes...they already had an imbalance with squab, quail duck etc...We'll be growing feathers...

We'll be interested to see what they offer on Infinity in Oct...

Yes, they had the usual Blu appetizers which changed nightly. There was also a separate menu of other appetizers which were available nightly. I believe there was a duck entree 3 nights of the 7 day cruise plus other fowl. We thought there was an improvement in the quality of the cuts of beef.