QM2 Planetarium

subaru94

If the weather is REALLY bad they will close it for safety!!

Tip for planatarium if you do not get tickets they go quickly

Go down and wait outside the planitarium 5 or 10 mins before it starts, as many get a ticket and then dont use it!

Like my hubby he got us tickts for the 1st showing luckily He gave me mine and we were to meet, he was late I saw the show and he saw the second one as the girl told him some do not come and if there is room she lets you in at last min.

I have been twice one I did not enjoy but this time I could see why people say its great.

Go down and wait outside the planitarium 5 or 10 mins before it starts, as many get a ticket and then dont use it!

Actually, they distribute fewer tickets than available seats. I was told by one of the door keepers that there is a 90% chance of being allowed in without a ticket by arriving a few minutes early. It is unlikely you will get a prime seat, but it's a good show wherever you sit.

BTW: Beware that the seats recline more than 45 degrees. People often just hit the release lever and flip back...into your knees! Just make sure you have your knees out of the way when the person in front of you decides to give it a whirl.

I hope they are still initially handing out tickets to each show, as requested by the passenger, at the desk in ConneXions from around 09.30?

I ask because, in the early years I noted that they were just placed on the desk unattended, and I often saw people helping themselves to a bunch of tickets for every showing during the day (presumably deciding later on which showing to actually attend), which meant that many passengers who went to obtain tickets a little later, found they had all gone, for every showing.

On my more recent trips, a member of the entertainment staff has asked each passenger "how many tickets for which showing?" which I think is fairer. I hope they are still doing this, initially each morning at least.

Edited by pepperrn

Many a time I've been lunching in Britannia and had people at our table pull out their tickets and notice they had missed their time slot or weren't going to make it. I just wonder how many others do the same depriving others the chance.

Pity :( . That just encourages some people to be thoughtless and selfish.

Has this been a problem for you? From my recollection, there were usually more than enough seats. On our cruises I've simply made a point to take a few minutes and hop down to Connexions and grab 2-4 tickets (depending on whether we expected to have others join us) while waiting for my breakfast in Britannia.

If our plans change, I've returned the tickets to the display if it was early enough or dropped them off to a member of the cruise staff at the door.

On other occasions I've been able to get into different shows simply by waiting at the door and waiting for the remaining space to be available. It was.

I assume others have behaved similarly. I've never seen a fracas at the door and it seems there are always unoccupied seats.

Hi MarkBearSF,

Has this been a problem for you? From my recollection, there were usually more than enough seats. ... If our plans change, I've returned the tickets to the display if it was early enough or dropped them off to a member of the cruise staff at the door. ... I assume others have behaved similarly. I've never seen a fracas at the door and it seems there are always unoccupied seats.
In the early days (and, by the sound of it, again recently) there were very often empty seats, as you've observed; this was because the tickets for those empty seats were/are languishing unused in a passenger's pocket or handbag somewhere else on board. Or thrown away. :mad: .

Thus denying other passengers a chance to see that particular planetarium show.

Not everyone will go along anyway "just in case"; "You need a ticket" we are told in the Daily Programme.

You're very good in returning tickets if your plans change, well done! :)

However, I suspect that many others simply don't care; as long as they can go to see any show (by grabbing multiple tickets for multiple times) when they feel like it, when it suits them and their changing plans.

The point of having tickets is so that people don't hang around the entrances to Illuminations. You know which show at what time to attend. Otherwise do away with the tickets; simply open the doors and let the stampede begin.

I hope, when I board again later this year, that they've returned to having someone initially control the number of tickets handed out (as I've previously observed). That makes things fair for everyone.

Best wishes and happy sailings :) .

On Atlantic crossings I have noticed that the shows are repeated a few days later. It has always been easier to get tickets for the second series.

When we have been fortunate to travel in the Grills, we collected our tickets in the Concierge Lounge. There was never any problem getting our choice of time.

If the weather is REALLY bad they will close it for safety!!

Like my hubby he got us tickts for the 1st showing luckily He gave me mine and we were to meet, he was late I saw the show and he saw the second one as the girl told him some do not come and if there is room she lets you in at last min.

I have been twice one I did not enjoy but this time I could see why people say its great.

Didn't know you needed to get tickets, thanks for the tip :)

Actually' date=' they distribute fewer tickets than available seats. I was told by one of the door keepers that there is a 90% chance of being allowed in without a ticket by arriving a few minutes early. It is unlikely you will get a prime seat, but it's a good show wherever you sit.

BTW: Beware that the seats recline more than 45 degrees. People often just hit the release lever and flip back...into your knees! Just make sure you have your knees out of the way when the person in front of you decides to give it a whirl.[/quote']

Thanks for the tip don't want damaged knees;)

Any hope that the broken seats will be fixed during the refit?
I did not see any broken planetarium seats during our recent WC segments. In our previous TA crossings there have been broken seats marked with (yellow?) tape to indicate they were broken. I did not see any seats marked as such during the 28 days were were onboard.

Bob