Grand Turk Snorkel excursion through Princess?

mrsgthatsme

We did one thru Princess, it was nice enough, but the specific people running the tour weren't all that professional and weren't particularly helpful for novice snorkellers. DH and I are experienced, so it didn't bother us any. On other snorkel tours, there's usually a guide in the water showing people things, not with this group. He just sat in the rescue ring watching us. The captain was full of information on the ride from site to site and since we knew how to snorkel & knew what the corals & fish were, it wasn't a wasted tour, just not one of the better ones we've been on.

The water is beautiful there. We did the power snorkel not with the cruise ship. It was great zipping through the water. Don't remember the name of the tour company. Sorry.

We too did the power snorkel but I don't remember if it was through Princess or a tour company. It was fantastic! You start out in 12 feet of water and then swim a short ways to 40 feet (lots of fish and coral) deep and suddenly the water gets dark and it drops thousands of feet :eek:. Lots of fish and coral right up to the edge. That made me nervous but I remembered my Dad (a life-long sailor) telling me, if it is over your head it doesn't make a difference whether it is 50 feet or 500 (or 5000) feet. :D

I see that Princess offers several snorkeling excursions in GT. Does anyone have experience with these compared to booking your own through a tour group (looking at Blue Water Divers.)

I have done what I call the no frills one.........no catamaran or rum punch.........just pure snorkeling at 2 different sites...........have done this twice.....

not sure how it is listed, about 40 or so persons ride on a large water vessel with fully covered roof and seats across from each other and 2 rows on each side

this tour runs about $50 and have not done a private tour