Going on PRIDE Sunday, 16th..have a quick 'Q'

princssmse

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone knows if there are dry cleaning facilities on board. Or if there's anywhere that will steam/or press something. I know there's laundry facilities but I'm going to try to avoid doing laundry on vacation.... thanks.:confused:

Hi,

Ther are laundry facilities on several decks - you have to go through a "crew only" door to get there so you migt have to ask -or really study your ship deck plan.

In our case we were in 6101 so it was really convenient. Right outside our cabin.

They have irons and ironing boards there.

In addition, most ships offer dry cleaning / pressing services as well. I thought they were a little pricey myself. Though in the past several ships offered embarkation day specials on pressing only (pressing it typically 50% of the dry cleaning costs - the specials were typically another 50% off of that)

Have fun,

Just so you know -- the laundry/pressing service is not available the day of embarkation. If you need something pressed for the first formal night (which is usually the day after embarkation), you'll need to have your steward pick up the items ASAP first thing in the morning to make sure you get them back in time, and you'll have to pay a pretty hefty same-day "express" fee. That's what happened to us on our cruise in March, and I was sweating bullets when our formalwear still wasn't in our room at 5PM when we went up to change for dinner. Luckily, it showed up a few minutes later. For our next cruise, we're using advice I got here on the boards -- we'll get it cleaned and pressed at home, leave it in the plastic dry cleaning bags, and VERY CAREFULLY hang it in our garment bags. People say it really works -- we'll see in a couple of months!

Archived