Favorite Cruise Moment/Feeling?

I just got off Mariner Of The Seas not too long ago. My favorite moment was everyday while onboard. There was this one entertainment staff member named Gerry that I think went the extra mile to make me smile each day. He would never just pass by me and just wave, everytime he saw me, he would actually come up to me for about 10 or 20 minuets and just sit there and talk to me. He would always greet me with a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. He would come in the club some nights and once he found me, would sit and talk to me for about an hour or so. On Dancing Under The Stars night, he came up and danced beside me the whole time. He gave me something to look forward to each day. My cruise didn't revolve around him but everytime I ran into him I would get a big smile on my face. Even on the day we left the ship, he waited for me outside the termanial (sp?) to say goodbye. Like the idiot I am I didn't get his e-mail address so I have no way of talking to him. I'll probably never see him again. So sad. He said he would be on Freedom Of The Seas same time next year, and we just booked Freedom around the same time next year but I highly doubt he'll be there. The odds are like 1 in a billion. haha. But, a girl can dream right? It would be so nice to sail with him again:)

texancruzer....my daddy was/is a merchant marine too! On Oil tankers... I can't tell you how much it made me smile when you said you couldn't always remember what he looked like but you remembered his smell (Royal Copenhagen for me)! I know what you mean about looking out at the horizon and the deep deep blue water and just "getting it", finally understanding how he could stand to be away so much.

As for my personal favorite cruise moment? I love waking up the very first day and being at sea....looking outside and seeing nothing, not a spec of land to be seen by the naked eye.

Yes but he's going to be leaving Mariner very soon and going on vacation. I actually think this was his last week and I don't think RC will send it to his house...haha. But thank you. But how would I do that if I were going to? Send RC a letter and say forward to the person I want to get it? I have no clue how to go about doing something like that.

My most memorable experiences were in February. It was my first cruise. We were pulling into Nassau and it hit me. The goosebumps, the warm tingly feeling, etc. I was hooked. Also, there was a young Asian couple that had their twin daughters with them. I'm guessing they were about 1 1/2 or 2 years old. They were usually dressed alike. On formal night we were waiting to get into the dining room in the centrum area. These two little girls were dancing with each other to the music playing on the piano. They were having a great time. All of a sudden they smashed into each other. One started laughing and the other, after a delayed reaction, started crying. The one that was laughing stopped, went to her sister and gave her a kiss on the forhead. The crying one stopped crying. These little girls were so sweet and well behaved. I thought this act of kindness by her sister was precious. They were the cutest little puddin annas I have ever seen.

I'm sure I will have more and better experiences as I cruise more. My experiences will have to be great as I'm going on a Transatlantic in less than 30 days. I guess I'm doing the DOCS DANCE as my friend notified me today that our documents arrived.

I'm a pretty emotional person. I always get teary eyed when I see the ship. The dreams you never imagine will come true. They do, so keep on dreaming. I've already warned my travel companions to watch out. I will be crying everytime I see something beautiful or something touches me:o .

Hope all of you have a great time on your next cruise;) .

I love the very first night when we have got to the pre-cruise hotel, checked-in, and ordered a nice glass of wine at the bar....journey over and the cruise to look forward to the next day!

I love walking around the promenade deck with my headphones on and getting to the really windy bit, that nearly blows you over!

I love listening to the calypso band whilst sitting in the sun, reading a good book.

I love sitting on the balcony, and doing absolutely nothing, just looking at the sea

I just love cruising!!!:)

PS Great thread..it's made me happy just writing this. Roll on the 5th November when we join the Navigator...

I say DITTO to all the above!!

My favorite moment is when after boarding I head up to the Pool Bar get my drink and listen to the calypso music as the ship pulls away from port. It is just the best feeling hearing the big horn blow as you pull away and the calypso music in the background just adds that fun feeling to the whole moment. I can't believe I still have to wait over a year to set foot on Freedom but talking to you all makes the wait that much easier to take. THANKS!!!!:D

---watching the Port of Miami slip by as the ship sets sail and knowing that the great adventure is just getting started, feeling the warm breeze on bare skin after being inside all winter

---the smell of coconut scented sunscreen and the feeling of the sun just thawing the cold and stress out of my psyche as I stretch out on a deck chair with my first frozen strawberry colada (the first of many:D )

---going to the Quest and Newlywed games and laughing so hard my sides hurt

---snorkeling in crystal clear cool refreshing water with a bright sun overhead and feeling like I'm swimming in a huge aquarium

---DH and I with good friends and good food, in the dining room, carefree and laughing, sharing anecdotes about the day's experiences

---watching the ship approach a port of call early in the morning

---in one of the hot tubs, sharing a last bottle of wine with DH late at night, with the stars overhead, on the final night of the cruise, reminiscing about the wonderful time we had, and looking forward to the next time!

First I have to say I love cruising because my husband doesn't have to drive us and I don't have to cook. My favorite cruise moment was our first cruise with my parents, my dear dad who had worked so hard all his life to support us and my dear mom who always sacrificed for us kids. Watching their faces as the ship came into sight before we boarded. We were on the RCCL Nordic Prince in 1990. Watching them have the time of their life. Watching the waiter as he would bring my dad two entrees for dinner, since my dad would never gain weight and would clean his plate, my plate and my mom's plate. He grew up in the depression and did not waste anything. Watching my dad on the top deck looking out over the vast ocean as my mom slept in a lounge chair. My dad has passed on in 1999 from Asbestos poisoning and my mom is now on dialysis so alas cruising with them will never be again. But each cruise I remember that first cruise when my parents had the time of their life. That is my favorite cruise memory. :)

I forgot one other memorable moment on the Triumph out of NY to Canada. I posted this on a similar thread started by CKRobyn after her first cruise. Hey Robyn where are you?

Anyway we had just pulled out of the port and were passing the beautiful Manhattan skyline. This was approx. 9 mos after Sept. 11, 2001. We were all euphoric expecting a wonderful carefree, happy cruise. Foofoo drinks were in evidence. People were chatting nonstop. Suddenly we passed the very spot where the twin towers once stood. As if on cue, everyone standing at the rail got very quiet all thinking of that horrendous day in Sept. We happened to notice a police boat right next to us. All of a sudden, it seemed like everyone on the Triumph started to clap loudly, honoring all the police and fire dept. personnel. I never felt more proud to be a NYer and an American than I did standing at that rail that day.

Archived