Quick Review Of Escape 2-27-16

Laszlo

I definitely need VIBE for this spring break week. Looks like no more cabanas. My last 3 cruises they definitely let Platinum pre board before group 1 didn't even give me a boarding group last trip. But I will get there early just in case. Looking at that deck have to have them. Thanks for the info.

Correct, cabanas are gone on the Escape. Make sure your at the check in around 9:00am. I would also try to ask someone who works for NCL where you purchase Vibe passes just in case they moved it again. Remember you board on deck 7, guest services and the comedy club are on deck 6

Correct, cabanas are gone on the Escape. Make sure your at the check in around 9:00am. I would also try to ask someone who works for NCL where you purchase Vibe passes just in case they moved it again. Remember you board on deck 7, guest services and the comedy club are on deck 6

Thanks so much!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you sit in the back of Vibe closer to the wall, the wind is a lot more tolerable. Or sit in the area forward of the misting thing by the Haven entrance. You miss the view being directly on the rail, but it is better. Or if they will let you keep the umbrellas up, it will cut down on the wind a lot as well.

The keycard thing is new. They had trouble with the card reader on Vibe door during our sailing. They also programmed our cards at Guest Services. I guess giving out a separate card may make the line move a bit quicker? I would say we were at the desk probably 5+ minutes to get the charges ran and cards programmed. Not a long wait by any means, but I can see how it would add up when you're dealing with a rush of 80 people.

All this talk about movement on Escape makes me wonder how it would have faired in same seas Anthem went thru (which never should have occurred anyway, especially as soon after a barge was lost trying to outrun a storm near Florida).

Thanks for the review and info on Vibe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my novice opinion seas were pretty smooth on our sailing. We were far aft and felt the constant shuttering/jolting motion a lot. It was strange. It's definitely not the slow rolling or rocking motion you're used to. It's much different than that. This was a quick, harsh jolt that lasted a few seconds. It woke me up several times during the night.

In my novice opinion seas were pretty smooth on our sailing. We were far aft and felt the constant shuttering/jolting motion a lot. It was strange. It's definitely not the slow rolling or rocking motion you're used to. It's much different than that. This was a quick, harsh jolt that lasted a few seconds. It woke me up several times during the night.

Glad to hear you felt the shuttering / jolting also. We had pretty calm sea's and I have never felt anything like that before. Its almost like the props were out of balance at a certain RPM or their was something wrong with how the stabilizers were working. You could see the water in the glasses shake back and forth while having dinner in the Manhattan room.

What is also a little different and no one could explain this is you are given a separate card to get into the Vibe. So know you have a separate card and a nice wrist band to wear:D

Can someone explain to me what this Vibe pass is? Were going to be on the ship on Saturday and it's only my second Norwegian cruise. I never heard of this and may want to look into it. Thanks in advance

Can someone explain to me what this Vibe pass is? Were going to be on the ship on Saturday and it's only my second Norwegian cruise. I never heard of this and may want to look into it. Thanks in advance

See the first page of my review. In a nut shell the Vibe Beach Club is a small private area on deck 19 of the ship. They sell a limited amount of passes about 75. They are $99pp and it first come first serve. You need to arrive early, you board the ship on deck 7 and they are sold......as of last week at the comedy club on deck 6. Check out the map of the ship and make a game plan for yourself, you need to hustle to get them. Look for a crew member who is handing out numbers, then you get inline to pay.

Check out my video here........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXeroHJikWI&ab_channel=LaszloBagi

We were almost neighbors, we were in 13262. As a first time cruiser, I had no idea what to expect on motion,. I actually didn't think it was bad at all, maybe I expected worse? My parents were Nextdoor to us, they have cruised 10 times, they didn't the motion was bad at all either. They said it wasn't much different than any other cruise. There was one night, Thursday, it was much more noticeable for a while but that was it.

Does anyone know what the smoking rules are in the Vibe club?

I'm really not sure, I going to guess and say no smoking only because I never saw anyone smoking nor did I ever see ash trays out

Not a concern....I have learned the art of picking up abandoned towels at 9am and returning them to the bin :D

And its really not a concern when you have a Vibe pass:D