We need a new ship in Boston!!!!!

hladygirl

I have been on the Dawn 5 times and although it is a nice ship , I am tired of it. We need something different in Boston to sail on. I love NCL and want to continue to book with them. I love to leave out of Boston since I live so close. Love their repo cruises in the fall, but I am so sick of the Dawn! I am now platinum with ncl but am looking at other cruise lines out of Boston just to have something different to look forward to. Come on NCL mix it up! RCL has a repo this fall out of Boston and the itinerary is much better. Price might be a little higher but just having a different ship will be worth it. FYI- The spirit is my favorite ship. she was awesome out of Boston.

Edited by hladygirl

I have been on the Dawn 5 times and although it is a nice ship , I am tired of it. We need something different in Boston to sail on. I love NCL and want to continue to book with them. I love to leave out of Boston since I live so close. Love their repo cruises in the fall, but I am so sick of the Dawn! I am now platinum with ncl but am looking at other cruise lines out of Boston just to have something different to look forward to. Come on NCL mix it up! RCL has a repo this fall out of Boston and the itinerary is much better. Price might be a little higher but just having a different ship will be worth it. FYI- The spirit is my favorite ship. she was awesome out of Boston.

Same here!

LOVE NCL Spirit.

So tired of the Dawn after well over a hundred days sailed on her.

I've been on the Dawn twice and she's a great ship, but would love to see a new ship or at least change the shows on board every year to keep it fresh. We will never get a Breakaway class ship in our harbor so that sucks. Two years ago during the future cruise presentation they said Boston was getting s new ship. but I see Dawn there for a while. So maybe there is some long term plan to change, who knows.

Unless Boston & Bermuda can suddenly take on larger ships, the Dawn will have to do.

I don't mind being on the same ship, and living 30 minutes to Black Falcon means I can spend the travel money on a penthouse.

A new destination would be nice, just being on vacation is also just as good.

I agree. It would be nice to have some more (newer) options closer to home.

I don't see why both Boston and Bermuda can't handle larger ships. The NCL Breakaway sails to Bermuda from NY and RCCL Anthem Of The Seas sails to Boston from NY.

No reason why either of those ships or equivalent ships can't sail from Boston.

Come on NCL mix it up!
Mix it up yourself! Put a little thought and effort into your cruise planning. If you keep taking the easy option, it's no surprise you're tired of it, but whose fault is that?

Be careful what you wish for, because they could always decide to take the Dawn away and leave you with nothing. And then you will learn what cruising is really all about (delayed flights, extra hotel nights, wondering how to get to the port… and seeing the world beyond Bermuda and Nova Scotia! :))

The Dawn is going for a major dry dock this spring, so she'll be like a brand new ship. As long as I can easily get to Boston for a cruise without having to fly, I'm not complaining.

However, I'd like to see NCL homeport a second ship in Boston which would offer us an alternate itinerary to Bermuda.

I do understand that you'd like a ship in Boston but really, in your shoes, I think I'd be thankful for what I have. Just need to look at Houston... how disappointing for those who found it so easy and convenient to cruise from there.

DH & I have talked about sailing from Boston but haven't made it yet... :eek:

Good luck, I do hope you get a newer ship but I wouldn't hold my breath as I'm pretty sure FDR has different plans.

Cheers

Been to Bermuda seven times on the Dream, Spirit, and Dawn. Boston needs a new ship and not the Dawns sister ship either. It would be nice to be able to go into Hamilton or St Georges again. The Dream and the Spirt were both great ships. Boston doesn't need a mega ship. Try getting on or off the ship with 4,000 other people and going through customs, trying to grab a cab, getting on the ferry or the bus and not having a token or transportation pass yet. It's bad enough with 2,000 people. As for those of you who say just drive to NYC or New Jersey. Check out what the tolls, hotels, parking for a week and "other fees" are. You need a mortgage just for cab from JFK or LaGuardia, or Newark. Bringing your luggage through Penn Station is no picnic either. I'm not saying Boston is inexpensive but, Most people in New England avoid NYC and the Metro area at all cost.:cool:

Sorry, but you do realize there is a difference between "need" and "want", right?

You have a ship which is more than can be said for many, many other ports, Houston, Charleston, Baltimore... just to name a few.

Now, if you were saying, "We need different ports to go to, instead of always Bermuda" you might get a bit more sympathy but really, "count your lucky stars".

Unless Boston & Bermuda can suddenly take on larger ships, the Dawn will have to do.

I don't mind being on the same ship, and living 30 minutes to Black Falcon means I can spend the travel money on a penthouse.

A new destination would be nice, just being on vacation is also just as good.

When we cruised the DAWN in Oct of 2014, we wound up in the Bahamas instead of Bermuda due to Hurricane Gonzalo, I was so happy I was jumping up and down at the Black Falcon terminal.....

I do understand that you'd like a ship in Boston but really, in your shoes, I think I'd be thankful for what I have. Just need to look at Houston... how disappointing for those who found it so easy and convenient to cruise from there.

DH & I have talked about sailing from Boston but haven't made it yet... :eek:

Good luck, I do hope you get a newer ship but I wouldn't hold my breath as I'm pretty sure FDR has different plans.

Cheers

I would be very happy with and older ship ( Sun / Spirit ):)

Anything / something Different .