Live from Allure of the Seas!!! March 6th 2016

NARZHOKIE

Oh no. So sorry to hear about your mom. Great Royal does stitches. Hope she's OK now.

Thanks for posting the show times. Didn't realize there is a night show of How to Train your Dragon (but maybe that's a Western itinerary thing)

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for the well wishes for mom!!! She is a real trouper!! She is tuffer than woodpecker lips. She want let this ruin her cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish her the best. Hopefully she is feeling A-OK.

Can you tell me if the stateroom doors are magnetic?

I understand there is a café on central park that has a breakfast that does not have an extra charge. Can you tell me the name of it? Thank you!

Yes the doors are magnetic!! Park cafe, Solarium, Johnny Rockets and wipe out cafe are all free for breakfast plus main dinning and windjammer no place charges for breakfast that is open for it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recap of Day one!!!!

Left Fort Pierce around 8:30 easy drive to the port got there around 10:15. Here is where the fun begins!! Was a bit confused about where to drop the bags. The sign said drop off but it was for shuttles!! Well mom started to get out. Port police started yelling at me to move the car. Mom out of car by now. RCI agent said I could unload my bags since I was stopped. So I did. Then the police man comes over and starts yelling at me said to pull around the corner and wait for him cause he was giving me a ticket!!! He took my drivers license so I couldn't just drive off. Waited 5 min for him. He shows up gives me my license back gives me stern warning but no Ticket. So I thought I had survived my crisis for the day. Boy was I wrong!!!! Parked the car got a front row space.

Check In:

This is my 7th cruise this by far was the quickest and easiest check in ever!!! From walking into the building to the waiting area it took 3 or 4 min to do the whole thing !!

Boarding the Allure!!!!

After maybe a 15 to 20 min wait started boarding walked right on the ship!!!! You board on deck 5 the Royal Promenade!!! It's quite a first impression!!! The plan was to go to Central Park and Park Cafe for lunch. We had walked maybe 150 feet I was out front of mom clearing the way since there were so many people there. This is where the start of our cruise went to hell in a hand basket!!! I hear this noise behind me and people saying are you ok?? Turn around what do I see?? My little mother face down laying on top of someone's carry on!! 3 staff members got to her before I did!! Within 2 min they had her in a wheelchair and on the way to medical!!! Stella the nurse was Awsome!!! They cleaned her up decided she needed stitches in her elbow. She got 4 for good measure!! I was standing there thinking glad I got the travel insurance for this trip cause this is going to be a mess. I was thinking do they put this on your door key??? I was like wow not even had drink yet and I'm going to have $500 on my charge account!! They gave her some antibiotics to take a 7 day supply as we were leaving Stella said don't worry there would be no charge for their service!!! I about Fainted!!!!

Ok let's get to the good stuff!! The Ship it is BIG!!!!!!!!!! From what I have seen of her see is very well laid out. The art in halls and stairways is very cool!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by NARZHOKIE

Day 1 part 2

Ate lunch at windjammer didn't get there till 1:00 the trip to medical took some time. Food was typical buffet stuff on day one. It was ok but was not really hungry was still a bit shaken about mom. So after lunch rooms were ready think it was around 1:15 but don't hold me to it.

Checked out our room. It is nice. The storage is ok suit cases will fit under the bed. Cabin steward Joel seem to be a good guy.

I will finish day one in the morning. Time for some sleep

so sorry about what happened to your mom, but let me tell you it could have been worse!

i tripped over a crate in the aisle of a store a few years back and broke my elbow so badly that it had to be replaced with a titanium one (i am indeed partly bionic :) )

so it definitely could have been worse!!! of course, it would be better had it not happened at all.

i trust the medical staff treated her well. we had very good experiences with the medical staff on the allure when my daughter's finger was nearly bitten off by one of those giant turtles in st thomas. The doctor and nurse on the allure were wonderful!!

i see you have a boardwalk balcony! so did we. we LOVED it, as did our daughter and son in law love theirs. We were on deck 12 i think, but it was when there was still a secret balcony out there (gone since the drydock).

we enjoyed being able to both see the water and watch the goings on of our neighbors and the boardwalk below.

looking forward to sailing along with you!!!!

Thank you for taking us along your trip. I'm loving the fact that I'm working and enjoying the sights at the same time.

I hope your mom had a good 1st day and she's feeling better today to enjoy the ship. She is BIG! (the ship)

When you have a chance, can you take a picture of the section in the Cruise Compass (CC) where it has all the hours of operation? Based on the information you have provided thus far, I've created this spreadsheet. Hopefully it will be similar along the way with other CC I find from here to July (Allure 7/24).

I'll continue to update the spreadsheet, based on what you provide through the board.

Allure of the Seas 2016 - Cruise Compass Collection.xls

Back to Day 1

After unpacking we went up on deck 15 to watch sail away!! Very windy up there. It was good to be finally in cruise mode. I had messed up my dinner reservations for night one. So I had to book 5:30 for the first night. We were seated quickly we sat a table for 8 our table mates were very nice. Sorry no pics tonight forgot the camera. Had prime rib was very good. Service was a touch slow at the start but got quicker as the courses went.

Oceanaria !!! What can I say amazing show. It's a smaller version of O for those who have seen that show in Vegas. You sit there thinking wow this is on a moving ship!! People diving into a pool from 40 feet up. DO NOT MISS THIS Show

After the show we walked around Broad walk and then the shops on the promenade. On a side note for the ladies if you need to buy concealer on the ship it's $29 for a 1oz tube. Mom needed to hide her bruise on her chin. Then it was off to the cabin and some sleep

Enjoy & drive safely. :)

I would like to know if Allure offers the drink vouchers yet (the one where you pay a flat rate for a number of drink vouchers - not the drink package). I would appreciate it if you can find out.

Did you get an answer to this question? I am curious also!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Did you get an answer to this question? I am curious also!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I will check today I have not been to a bar yet!!

Thank you for taking us along your trip. I'm loving the fact that I'm working and enjoying the sights at the same time.

I hope your mom had a good 1st day and she's feeling better today to enjoy the ship. She is BIG! (the ship)

When you have a chance, can you take a picture of the section in the Cruise Compass (CC) where it has all the hours of operation? Based on the information you have provided thus far, I've created this spreadsheet. Hopefully it will be similar along the way with other CC I find from here to July (Allure 7/24).

I'll continue to update the spreadsheet, based on what you provide through the board.

0526c6ed262306e533f140c3bac60760.jpg

c8ade45921e41a0dc3354546b267e084.jpg