a few questions about Sydney--wifi, wine, and transport

Hmm, review seemed bad, comments had some good points. Thanks for this.

Those videos were funny--love the knocks on vegetarians and vegans!! We had boneless leg of lamb, not chops. I hope that still counts :D I guess I'm a tad late for Australia Day this year and early for next!

ML

Yep leg counts, though I prefer Boneless but slow cooked till I don't need to carve it at all and the bone just falls out.

If it's Dame Edna

And

Sir Les

Why isn't it Sir Barry.

Because they are all different, real people of course.

I do think that Trump joke has gone on too long. It's about time that Sacha Baron Cohen took off that silly disguise and did the reveal.

Australian lamb?

Do us a favour (note the 'u') and ditch the poor cousins for real NZ lamb.

Now this is funny!! We used to get NZ lamb at our Costco (and if you aren't familiar with them, google it!) but now, I just noticed it is Australian lamb. We loved the Aussie lamb and can't remember any big differences between the 2. We ate NZ lamb for a lot of years and loved it (don't even ask me about the time to dog ate all the leftover lamb, while we sliced cheese, and then the next day) :eek:

ML

Say, when are you going to Sydney? We have a cruise Feb, 25 and I'm considering staying in the Wyndham Vacation Resort. i was hoping maybe you'll be there before we are and I could find out what you thought of it, good location? Nice enough place?

We won't be there until early March, so no help for you. Our friends have described what they usually get, and it sounds great. A murphy bed with a nice mattress, a nice kitchen, and free wifi, because they are timeshare members, not hotel guests.

Post what happen to you! We'll do the same

ML

Now this is funny!! We used to get NZ lamb at our Costco (and if you aren't familiar with them, google it!) but now, I just noticed it is Australian lamb. We loved the Aussie lamb and can't remember any big differences between the 2. We ate NZ lamb for a lot of years and loved it (don't even ask me about the time to dog ate all the leftover lamb, while we sliced cheese, and then the next day) :eek:

ML

Oh I am familiar with costco having stayed with friends living in the states.

It was certainly an unusual experience visiting one.

There has been a lot of outrage from many Vegan groups. I do not mind vegan food but find that some vegans do seem to have a humour deficiency.

If you fancy a very small cruise ship when here drop me a line.

nthnsw (at) hotmail dot com

Bolding is mine. "Humour deficiency"--I love that! Totally funny, and yes, they do!!

I'll be in touch

ML

Oh I am familiar with costco having stayed with friends living in the states.

It was certainly an unusual experience visiting one.

it can be overwhelming, even within the US! Too many choices, too little time ( and budget!)

ML

G'day ML

Just a small word of warning.

You will see here on the boards some (shall I say) comments, about the emits of Australia and NZ, even the lamb, (been pretty tame on this thread) even worse if it turns to sport. Sone visitors are tempted to get involved .... DON'T.

It's like siblings, I can say nothing I like about my brother, god help anyon else who dares do so.

And to be fair the biggest problem is that the Kiwis really want to be like Aussies but know that they'll never rise to the occasion, they can't help it, it's just how it is.

the biggest problem is that the Kiwis really want to be like Aussies but know that they'll never rise to the occasion, they can't help it, it's just how it is.

I actually think that in many ways the Kiwi's have it better than us. They have retained some of the things we have have lost.

Have only been to UnZud twice but loved it there each time.

I actually think that in many ways the Kiwi's have it better than us. They have retained some of the things we have have lost.

Have only been to UnZud twice but loved it there each time.

Shhhhhh you cant say that or they might think we like 'em

And to be fair the biggest problem is that the Kiwis really want to be like Aussies but know that they'll never rise to the occasion, they can't help it, it's just how it is.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

*Bites tongue and sits on hands so unable to type*

:D

ANZ and Virgin are definitely my top two choices for flights between the US and Aus. I've never had an issue with either, and both have had great friendly service. Auckland's international terminal is one of the nicest I've travelled through anywhere, a very pleasant stopover. Your plan sounds good to me :-)

G'day ML

Just a small word of warning.

You will see here on the boards some (shall I say) comments, about the emits of Australia and NZ, even the lamb, (been pretty tame on this thread) even worse if it turns to sport. Sone visitors are tempted to get involved .... DON'T.

It's like siblings, I can say nothing I like about my brother, god help anyon else who dares do so.

G'day gut

After reading the last 2 pages of good-natured ribbing, I think you provided very wise advice.

Well, except for that last sentence, where you seemed to be lighting the fuse!! Love the way you guys all kid each other.

And I love lamb from both Australia and NZ--with wine!!:D

ML

Edited by NoWhiners

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all

I am finally back, after a very nice relaxing 10 day cruise around the Caribbean. Which ended with coming home to reality. rather than give you all the gory details, suffice it to say that the dog, the cars, tax returns, planning our flights to Australia and golf have all conspired to make my past 2 weeks very stressful.

I had to buy a new car, after my perfectly good 82k miles on it van decided to have the transmission fail. And by fail, I mean totally fail :eek: I have been in a deep depression since last Saturday so I now need all of you to encourage me (again) on how great our trip to Australia and NZ will be.

Flights won't be cheap but I have found some decent pricing for premium economy seats on Qantas, very encouraging.

OK--what have I missed while I've been gone??? Please say anything--still getting over the price (and paperwork required) for buying a new car .

ML

PS: I even had to fill out a form for Homeland Security saying I am who I am :eek:

Hi Folks

After all your hard work in Sydney a suggestion for a balcony sail away

Kaiora Bay Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2014 - ALDI ...

https://www.aldi.com.au/.../kaiora-bay-marlborough-sauvignon-blanc-2014...

AWARD WINNER - 2014 Marlborough Wine Show - Bronze Medal.

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/groceries/awards/liquor/liquor-detail/ps/p/kaiora-bay-marlborough-sauvignon-blanc-2014/

Just $9.99 a bottle , and a great way to say goodbye to Sydney as you sail off into the distance

Regards

John