Free Drink coupons

Giantfan13

We will be on the Liberty next week. Looking thru some old papers, we came across some coupons we had for free drinks on Carnival sailing. These are smallish coupons, (4 of them), grey in color and have a number on them. Does anyone know if these have/had an expiration date. There is none on them, but they have to be 4-5 years old. Anyone remember them, are they still using them?

Thanks

Cheers

Len

LOL! Had ONE of these leftover from my last cruise 6 or so years ago....they no longer accept them. BUT.....I am not one to like the fact that I spent money on these, being told at the time that they could be used on future cruises. You can imagine how unhappy I was to learn that they wouldn't honor their own coupons anymore. I asked to speak to someone in the gifts/shopping where you pre-order cheers program, etc, and they told me to make a copy of the coupon(s) (keep originals) to send to them. When I heard nothing back from them in what I thought was a reasonable length of time-several weeks-I called and spoke to a very nice lady in the same area who said she never received the letter & neither did the department I was told to send it to. But instead of making me resend it all, she asked me if I would be content with either a $25 bar credit or a bottle of champagne/wine in my cabin at embarkation. Not a bad upgrade for a $4.95 drink coupon....Now THAT'S customer service! :)

Edited by almitra

LOL! Had ONE of these leftover from my last cruise 6 or so years ago....they no longer accept them. BUT.....I am not one to like the fact that I spent money on these, being told at the time that they could be used on future cruises. You can imagine how unhappy I was to learn that they wouldn't honor their own coupons anymore. ..........But instead of making me resend it all, she asked me if I would be content with either a $25 bar credit or a bottle of champagne/wine in my cabin at embarkation. Not a bad upgrade for a $4.95 drink coupon....Now THAT'S customer service! :)

Thank you for posting.

You had an issue, made a reasonable request for resolution and ended up with an even better outcome.

I think this would be the case more often if the issue and request for resolution were reasonable rather than outrageous

LOL! Had ONE of these leftover from my last cruise 6 or so years ago....they no longer accept them. BUT.....I am not one to like the fact that I spent money on these, being told at the time that they could be used on future cruises. You can imagine how unhappy I was to learn that they wouldn't honor their own coupons anymore. I asked to speak to someone in the gifts/shopping where you pre-order cheers program, etc, and they told me to make a copy of the coupon(s) (keep originals) to send to them. When I heard nothing back from them in what I thought was a reasonable length of time-several weeks-I called and spoke to a very nice lady in the same area who said she never received the letter & neither did the department I was told to send it to. But instead of making me resend it all, she asked me if I would be content with either a $25 bar credit or a bottle of champagne/wine in my cabin at embarkation. Not a bad upgrade for a $4.95 drink coupon....Now THAT'S customer service! :)

What number did you call?

I have some of those coupons that I had almost forgotten about!

Per Mary (whose information I trust 99% over the information posted here) over at Carnival Funville, the bar coupons do not expire until February 1, 2018.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/p/292967/1511848.aspx

That being said, I have heard that instead of the old practice of redeeming a coupon for each drink or photo (and paying the excess), that the bartenders/servicers/Pixels employees are sending people with coupons to guest services to exchange the coupons in return for bar or photo cruise cash.

I just saw this thread.

I knew I had some drink coupons, so I found them at the bottom of a drawer.

I guess you are all talking about coupons for alcoholic drinks. Mine are for soft drinks. "Good for one can of soft beverage, Gratuities included"

Are these still good as well? I have 5 of them.

Should I ask John H?

thanks if anyone knows

Per Mary (whose information I trust 99% over the information posted here) over at Carnival Funville, the bar coupons do not expire until February 1, 2018.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/p/292967/1511848.aspx

That being said, I have heard that instead of the old practice of redeeming a coupon for each drink or photo (and paying the excess), that the bartenders/servicers/Pixels employees are sending people with coupons to guest services to exchange the coupons in return for bar or photo cruise cash.

This answer ^^^^^ is correct. I had several, printed the forum discussion above out and took it with me. At first they did not want to use them, talked to a supervisor and no problems after that.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

• 2 weeks later...
What number did you call?

I have some of those coupons that I had almost forgotten about!

I called the number at the top of the website 1.800.522.7648 But I got transferred several times as noone had the authority to do anything about it. I wanted the issue addressed by a supervisor, so they finally hooked me up with one. I was nice but persistent. :)

• 5 months later...

This is good to know. I just found nine of them left over from 3-4 years ago.

That's fine. No problem with that at all.

Edited by tef43

I have a sheet of them, don't remember how many are on a sheet from our very first cruise I think. I don't even remember how I got them, they were a gift from our pvp maybe? We don't drink so never used them, came across them the other day in the safe. I was wondering what to do with them.

I found a few of these in a drawer. The atrium & Red frog pub bar took them and they all had never seen them before. Everyone came and checked them out. They had to find a long time worker to OK them . No problem

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We found an old one last year. No problem using it, but it only took $4 to $5 off the price of the drink. So it was good, but maybe we should have kept it as old Carnival memorabilia. The last coupon we had included the top portion with the description and coupon number.

Edited by CruiseHealing

Ours are probably 8 years old or older. I think I will probably just keep them along with all the cruise papers we have. If I exchanged them for bar credit I wouldn't use that either, I typically only drink water unless I go really wild and get a hot chocolate whee so might as well hang onto the tickets. As a remember when item.

Ours are probably 8 years old or older. I think I will probably just keep them along with all the cruise papers we have. If I exchanged them for bar credit I wouldn't use that either, I typically only drink water unless I go really wild and get a hot chocolate whee so might as well hang onto the tickets. As a remember when item.

If you did decide to use them, you could always make a copy of them "As a remember when item".

yeah I bought a bunch of those little tear off coupons for sodas and bar drinks before... I used my last ones last year, they were honored... The bartender might not be familiar with them after all this time, but a bar manager would ok it. They didn't have expiration dates on them that I remember..

We will be on the Liberty next week. Looking thru some old papers, we came across some coupons we had for free drinks on Carnival sailing. These are smallish coupons, (4 of them), grey in color and have a number on them. Does anyone know if these have/had an expiration date. There is none on them, but they have to be 4-5 years old. Anyone remember them, are they still using them?

Thanks

Cheers

Len