Serenade 11 night Southern Caribbean 15th Feb 2016 review

peteukmcr

Thank you.

I'm from the UK and we don't have Bonine. Can you buy it on board?

I'm planning on getting the patches from my doctor and also bringing wrist bands.

I've seem complimentary Meclizine outside the doctor's office.

Howdy

We were on the back to back 2/5 and 2/15.

Overall it was a great cruise, and we have booked the same thing for next year.

We are D+ and have been on a lot of RCL and Celebrity cruises. I actually thought the food was pretty good in both the WJ and main dining. Steak in Giovanni's was terrific. We had my time, and it worked out fine. Usually went about 7:30.

We ate most lunches and breakfasts on the back of the ship from the WJ.

We got the internet perk and used it, but usually used WiFi in the ports or went to an internet cafe. For example, in Antigua it is right up the street on High street. In Aruba, it is down the alley from the Hard Rock..

Staff, with the exception of the concierge, were great. He sucked.

I usually play progressive trivia, but they didn't have it on this ship.

The port guy, who was supposedly and expert, mispronounced Grenada.

The guitarist and piano player who played in the Centrum were fantastic. The guy in the Schooner bar was horrible.

Cruise director a very interesting guy. He gave a talk on sailing from Panama to Australia with a few friends.

Woodwinds in Bonaire is perhaps the best snorkeling tour operator in the world.

We hired a private cab for a three hour tour in Barbados. We were mainly interested in the east coast and had a fantastic tour. $100 and well worth it.

Took the local bus in Antigua to Nelson's Dockyard. Always interesting.

My biggest objection is that the volume of music everywhere was just too loud. It was even hard to read a book in the diamond lounge due to the booming bass from the pool deck. I spent a lot of time in the Safari, and that was usually OK.

Future cruise staff-particularly Lorne-were super.

The processing in the terminal getting off was horrendous. They should go to Baltimore to learn how to do it right.

The best part was seeing old friends again and making new ones.

Looking forward to Feb 3rd!

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE Baby, Bob and Phyl

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=frankie+ford+sea+cruise&view=detail&mid=357B58FDB810DE2CD9C3357B58FDB810DE2CD9C3&FORM=VIRE1

Hi Suzy, i do remember you, our sailing was out of Quebec down to Ft Lauderdale and we boarded the 19th, and spent one night before disembarking at 3 PM on the 20th. The colors were fantastic. Email me at GLea472968 at aol dot com. We had a wonderful cruise and our daughter joined us again. Weather was on the chilly side, 50's.

Gay

Thank you Gay,will do!

Suzy

Excellent review Peter. Thank you for sharing.

We made it home safe and sound around 7pm Sat night. Back to reality now and counting down the weeks until the next one.

Regards

Ron.

Glad you made it home ok, we did too, but already 2 days back at work!:D Thanks for the feedback, hopefully we'll sail together again in the near future.

Overall, I feel RC has cut many corners to save dollars, and it is really showing in the overall cruise experience. I understand RC needs to continue to make money to stay in business, but this is definitely changing our cruising habits......

Not just RCL, that's pretty America. The land of "give me tons of crap cheap" aka WalMart land. That's what we demand, the absolute lowest crap so I can have tons of it. It's why airlines are now basically flying greyhounds.

RCL probably has it right anyway.....see those gigantasaurs wandering around the WJ? Think they care what they shovel in? All they want is unlimited amounts. :D

But like yourself it will eventually impact our choices - might end up avoiding them like I do the airlines.

Peter & Patrick, great pictures of you both. :)

Gay

Hi Gay, thanks for your feedback. I remember typing a reply to you, but must have forgotten to press 'Submit':D I'll put it down to jet lag! Hope you're both OK too.

[ATTACH]378520[/ATTACH]

They sell this on eBay - is this recommended?

I've seem complimentary Meclizine outside the doctor's office.

I've not tried the complimentary Meclizine that they have on board the ship in the medical center, but I believe Bonine is just a brand name for this.

Bonine is chewable, so it's convenient in that regard, but if you can find a UK product that is Meclizine you should be ok.

As mentioned above, I start taking it the night before we sail for best effect. If you wait until you're feeling seasick, it's too late.

Thank you.

I'm from the UK and we don't have Bonine. Can you buy it on board?

I'm planning on getting the patches from my doctor and also bringing wrist bands.

My wife has motion sickness issues and the patches work great. I would not expect you to need anything but the patch but it never hurts to have a backup plan

My wife has motion sickness issues and the patches work great. I would not expect you to need anything but the patch but it never hurts to have a backup plan

Thank you.

Does your wife suffer on cruise ships? Am hoping I won't too!

Hi all!

peteukmcr ~ thanks for such a good review & lovely pictures.:D

I'll be going on the 10 day cruise next month & have a question about the new drink card.

Do you know anything about it or can you post the daily where it was advertised if it's not too much trouble? TIA

~ Jo ~ :)

All but Oasis. She's not too bad. With he patch she doesn't even notice

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Perfect. Am going to have the patches plus Bonine and wrist bands on hand too. Hoping the sea will be really calm!

Hi all!

peteukmcr ~ thanks for such a good review & lovely pictures.:D

I'll be going on the 10 day cruise next month & have a question about the new drink card.

Do you know anything about it or can you post the daily where it was advertised if it's not too much trouble? TIA

~ Jo ~ :)

Hi Jo, thanks for your kind remarks. As for the drinks card, it was offered part way through the sailing (but I can't remember how far along), but it was at the latter end. It offered 10 drinks to be used over 3 days and I believe it was $69 plus gratuity, but please don't quote me! I don't have the compasses unfortunately (too much to carry home to the UK!). Have a great time.