Numbers On Cabin Doors?

texas greeneyes

I have read in threads about door decorations that one reason for using them is to tell your cabin door apart from others. Are there no numbers displayed for each cabin, as in a hotel? If so, why would anyone need a decorated door in order to discern their own cabin? If they are not numbered, does anyone know why not? Enquiring minds want to know! :)

I have read in threads about door decorations that one reason for using them is to tell your cabin door apart from others. Are there no numbers displayed for each cabin, as in a hotel? If so, why would anyone need a decorated door in order to discern their own cabin? If they are not numbered, does anyone know why not? Enquiring minds want to know! :)

I develope Cruise Dyslexia myself... I can never remember what my cabin number is after a few drinks :)

The curly ribbons on the door let me know that is where I shoudl try my key card :)

Even numbers on one side-- odd on the other. Many times you will get off the elevator and not know which side your cabin is on. (I Know all ya have to do is look at the signs)

Even though the numbers are on the door.. they all look the same-- decorating a door lets you know how much further youmust walk to get to YOUR cabin door.

Yes, the doors have the room numbers, just like in a hotel. The hallways and number of cabins on the deck of a ship are much longer than you would find on a hotel floor. So it might help some people distinguish their cabin from 30 feet away. :)

With that said, 2 weeks ago I was staying in a hotel room and 3 different times someone tried using their key to open my room:)

Once, our friends were checking into a hotel and the night before there been some wild party and some numbers were missing from the doors. They put their key card in the slot of what they *thought * was their room (but it wasn't) AND IT WORKED.:eek: Needless to say, they were at the front desk complaining and getting a new room immediately but I don't think they ever felt real secure in that hotel. Same thing could happen on a ship. By decorating your own door, it can help you recognize your own cabin and hopefully keep others from attempting to get into your cabin by mistake.

Just easer to find when that rum kicks in!:D

this new system is a pain to edit now.nevermind-- i had a few photos of long hallways but when you post it adds a bunchof letters at the end of each thing that makes it illegal to look at.

We decotate it to personalize our cabin- We sailed on Valentines day so we decorated hearts with our photo in the middle and a map of where we were heading--had a little ship that i mived when we moved.

Do not put anything on the door that you want back as it MIGHT be stolen.

Some doors are magnetic- some are not. THe Miracel does have Magnetic doors. We used magnets and the colorform cling-ons.

We will be decorating out door for Christmas on our next cruise. I usially bring some of those clingy snowflakes and maybe a stick-on wreath. We always get comments from the other cruisers. Last year, the cabin next to ours had a Christmas stocking taped to the door.... HO, HO, HO!!

what do you normally decorate the doors with???

This sounds a good idea - i want to decorate mine:)

Actually we use anything that is not totally offensive. I've used pink flamingos, palm trees, leprechauns, santas, hearts, ghosts, and happy b-day and anniversary streamers. One year we pasted "mens room" sign on the door over the cabin number. That was fun for awhile, till we went to bed and people were banging on door. Next day I put it over ladies room sign on the Lido deck just for giggles and laughs, worked too, till lady came out after Gentleman went in and tore it to shreds, we looked the other way and slinked down the hall.

Are there magnetic doors on the Conquest? I think I'd like to decorate our door.

I got some Halloween decorations to put on ours. I found cling type decorations that say they will stick to any flat surface. I found them at Party City here and they have a great selection of different things including some luau type decorations. You can also go to www.orientaltrading.com if you don't mind ordering. That is where the blow up palm tree is..:D

When we were on the Zaandam, I put a curly ribbon on the door, the one with a sticky back, and you could see it way down the hall and made it so easy to find our room. Even the people across the hall stopped one day and told us how much they appreciated it because it made it easier for them to find their room. :) When you look down the long hall it is hard to find your room, but when there is something sticking out on your door, it is easy to find. :D

We were just on a cruise with my brother in law and his wife and both couples went overboard decorating each others doors. Our best was a Halloween spiderweb over there entire door. However we are a little strange. The best thing we have found are balloons because they stich out and you can see them from a long way off. Depending on the ship and deck, hallways can be 500 feet long and decorations can really help. Neighboring cabins like it too. We got many comments like we are three doors beyond yours and your door decorations really help. We also had neighbors who thought we were crazy. The dollar stores have lots of interesting things. On a previous cruise my sister in law put a Just Married sign on our door. Lots of people knocked on the door and ran away.

Archived