Nov 2015 Adventure of the Seas Video

pyroguy

My wife and I and some friends went on the AOS from San Juan back in November. It took me a while to finally finish up the cruise video, but here it is. ...

Beautiful video. What port stop did you photograph the rays?

Both the Ray and the Eel was in St. Croix at Sandcastle on the Beach. We walked there from the pier. We enjoyed our day there. The snorkeling wasn't the best we've ever done, but it was definitely unique and as you could see we saw some wildlife.

Both the Ray and the Eel was in St. Croix at Sandcastle on the Beach. We walked there from the pier. We enjoyed our day there. The snorkeling wasn't the best we've ever done, but it was definitely unique and as you could see we saw some wildlife.

Pretty good snorkeling considering it was from a beach within walking distance. Is that the beach that is just to the left of the ship if you are looking from where the ship is docked?

Pretty good snorkeling considering it was from a beach within walking distance. Is that the beach that is just to the left of the ship if you are looking from where the ship is docked?

If you're standing from where the ship docks, looking toward the island, Sand Castle is to your right. From the dock, it looks quite far - it's about the furthest beach you can see and my group was a little apprehensive about the walk when I pointed it out to them.

In the morning the walk was fine, no more than 15-20 minutes walk. However by the end of the day, we got a taxi back to the port because most everyone was tired from a day in the sun.

Here's a 360 view of the pier in Fredricksted. If you look to the right (south) of the pier, you can BARELY see a tower off in the distance. Where that tower is and where the nearest beach hits the water, that's approximately where it is.

If you're standing from where the ship docks, looking toward the island, Sand Castle is to your right. From the dock, it looks quite far - it's about the furthest beach you can see and my group was a little apprehensive about the walk when I pointed it out to them.

In the morning the walk was fine, no more than 15-20 minutes walk. However by the end of the day, we got a taxi back to the port because most everyone was tired from a day in the sun.

Here's a 360 view of the pier in Fredricksted. If you look to the right (south) of the pier, you can BARELY see a tower off in the distance. Where that tower is and where the nearest beach hits the water, that's approximately where it is.

OK, really appreciate the directions. We have used the beach to the left (never got the name) a couple of times, and never found anything interesting when snorkeling off that beach. I'll have to remember Sandcastle.

Fun videos. Thanks for sharing.

How would you compare the Breeze versus the Adventure regarding indoor/outdoor public spaces, food, nightlife, and overall feel of the ship? Been looking at other options and the breeze (sort of) fits some of our needs.

Dan

Great Question!

The Breeze is much newer and somewhat larger. There's also the difference between companies (Carnival and RCI).

Overall, I would recommend the Breeze - based on the efficiency of the rooms (i.e. storage options) and bathrooms (Breeze has shower curtains, AOS has a hard semi-circle hard door). The balcony on the Breeze is "outside" the ship and gave you a better view. The AOS's balconies are part of the ships outer structure - which limits the view. One thing to note, however, on the Breeze, Deck 4 has a wrap-around walkway on Deck 4 with hot tubs that obstructs your balcony view of the Ocean. AOS didn't have that.

I also like the outdoor spaces as well as the additional restuarant options on the Breeze (Sushi, Steakhouse better than Giovannis), etc. The Breeze also has the "4d" theater that's really cool plus the fresh-water waterpark.

I didn't find that I liked the promenade area on the AOS as much as I like the Lido on Carnival ships. RCI closes the windjammer early - forcing you to wade thru crowds on the promenade just to get a drink of water from a manned station. I much prefer Carnival having unmanned ice/water coffee/juice machines that you can get 24/7. Carnival also has soft-serve ice cream almost 24/7 all over Lido. The AOS had 1 machine which was manned, and only open maybe an hour each day. The line was always so long we just gave up.

It sure seemed like the drinks were substantially less on Carnival as well. It seemed like every time we went to the bar on the AOS it was almost $14. It's not a huge difference, but it put that mental note in my mind that made me hesitate on spending where I may have spent more had they been less expensive.

Who can complain when you're on a cruise, right? But there was a big difference between the 2 companies and the 2 ships (although we've been on older CCL ships as well) - we feel now like we definitely prefer Carnival.

Who can complain when you're on a cruise, right? But there was a big difference between the 2 companies and the 2 ships (although we've been on older CCL ships as well) - we feel now like we definitely prefer Carnival.

I prefer Carnival over RCCL for the same reasons and many more. Only reason I have been doing RCCL is because of the people we travel with think they prefer RCCL. I say think because they never tried any other line. Thank God RCCL has raised prices on everything because next year they have agreed to try Carnival! YEA! With that said, I am still looking forward and very excited for my cruise next month on the Adventure :D