Oasis Prohibition party

Chula lily

Actually went while on oasis in December. Poorly attended and you were able to enjoy the Jazz group every night on cruise for no extra charge with this one exception. I would save the money. Just imho not worth the $35 per person.

We went in November on the Oasis. We had a great time, and the turnout was fantastic. Everyone dressed up, DH won for best dressed male. Started around 10:30 pm.

Good one, congrats on winning, what did he get?

We did it last March on Oasis and it was a lot of fun. We had the drink package and you still pay the $35.

The music was good and the MC was very high energy so it made the couple of hours fun.

I have looked for our October Allure cruise but can't see it yet for booking.

It was started on the Allure when they were doing Chicago and then it spread over to Oasis just before we went last March.

They did give away some SWAG. If you don't want to spend the $35 for three gin based drinks served in tea cups, listen to some fairly decent music, and play some cheesy parlor games; then don't.

Okay I just need to ask? I suspect the $35 goes to pay for some form of "alcohol" consumption at the actual event. That said why would someone who has the Ultimate Drink Package pay more $$$ to drink the liquor that "may" be served at the event (even the secret event). Inquiring minds want to know.........

They do provide all you can drink 20's themed drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. You get light snacks, there is a Jazz band, some games with prizes, and you get a special lapel pin.

Actually went while on oasis in December. Poorly attended and you were able to enjoy the Jazz group every night on cruise for no extra charge with this one exception. I would save the money. Just imho not worth the $35 per person.

I think it depends heavily on who from the Activities team is running it. The staffer who was running it on Oasis in October did an awesome job with it but she's since moved to Adventure prior to signing onto Harmony. It sounds like her successor didn't keep it going as well. :(

Not if they are charging $35 to those with the Premium or Ultimate packages.

Bob, that's why I've been scratching my head on why everyone is so "excited" to attend this event and pay the $35. What exactly does it get you. Sounds like the $35 grants you admission to the Jazz Club for a private event where the same Oasis Jazz Band plays for a couple of hours, a couple of structured games with prizes per se, and maybe some appetizers. If I have an Ultimate drink package, its not worthy of my time to pay an additional $35 to get three "Free" bathtub gin drinks.

Bob, that's why I've been scratching my head on why everyone is so "excited" to attend this event and pay the $35. What exactly does it get you. Sounds like the $35 grants you admission to the Jazz Club for a private event where the same Oasis Jazz Band plays for a couple of hours, a couple of structured games with prizes per se, and maybe some appetizers. If I have an Ultimate drink package, its not worthy of my time to pay an additional $35 to get three "Free" bathtub gin drinks.

Before the drink packages, the $35 got you drinks at the event. I don't know if they were unlimited. I remember that Bill (PCWalton1) did a review a while back, and maybe he will see this and comment.

For what it's worth, the friends we cruised with - who did have the drink package - signed up for it, no-showed, and weren't charged anything. I'm not sure if the no charge was a function of their drink package OR of their no-showing. At the time we thought it was the latter now I'm wondering if it might not be the former considering they were never charged for it from the beginning...

For me, my DW, DD and SIL it was more about the anticipation of the event. We spent a lot of time prior to the cruise getting Roaring 20s clothing, Spats, long cigarette holders, etc. I estimate 90% of the attendees were dressed in a similar fashion and everyone had a great time. The $35.00 cost pp was never a factor. We sent several friends photos of us in our outfits and received many positive comments.

I have looked everywhere under entertainment and activities and no where does our cruise say Prohibition Party. Cruise is May 28th on Oasis, I have been looking for months now. What am I doing wrong. I see All Access Tour and FlowRider Lesson, I also see CATS, Come Fly with Me etc.

I have looked everywhere under entertainment and activities and no where does our cruise say Prohibition Party. Cruise is May 28th on Oasis, I have been looking for months now. What am I doing wrong. I see All Access Tour and FlowRider Lesson, I also see CATS, Come Fly with Me etc.

See my post on page one of this thread titled "Found Prohibition Party". I don't know if your cruise has this event but you can try what I found.

For me, my DW, DD and SIL it was more about the anticipation of the event. We spent a lot of time prior to the cruise getting Roaring 20s clothing, Spats, long cigarette holders, etc. I estimate 90% of the attendees were dressed in a similar fashion and everyone had a great time. The $35.00 cost pp was never a factor. We sent several friends photos of us in our outfits and received many positive comments.

I like the idea of everyone getting into the spirit of the event and dressing for it.:D

I like the idea of everyone getting into the spirit of the event and dressing for it.:D

I agree, the photos I've seen when someone posts a review sure seem that way.:)

We have been to the party twice. The first time on the Allure it was wonderful. The show was Chicago and the theme fit in perfectly. Also the stars of the show were the staff at the event. The jazz was great- and the "floor show" also fun. We dressed up and really had a ball.

However, this past new years eve cruise on the Allure was a stinker. The staff was just dull and didn't have the personality that the Chicago staff had. The jazz group also very bad. Within the first 20 minutes half of the guest walked out. We did after 25. Heard from some of the handful of people who stayed until the end, that they were very disappointed.

Hope that the event is better on the Oasis. We will not attend anymore. The drinks were ok- Long Island Ice tea etc. and little dessert cakes. Since we had the drink package we had much better drinks at the bars.

Enjoy

Edited by Cruise a holic

We have been to the party twice. The first time on the Allure it was wonderful. The show was Chicago and the theme fit in perfectly. Also the stars of the show were the staff at the event. The jazz was great- and the "floor show" also fun. We dressed up and really had a ball.

However, this past new years eve cruise on the Allure was a stinker. The staff was just dull and didn't have the personality that the Chicago staff had. The jazz group also very bad. Within the first 20 minutes half of the guest walked out. We did after 25. Heard from some of the handful of people who stayed until the end, that they were very disappointed.

Hope that the event is better on the Oasis. We will not attend anymore. The drinks were ok- Long Island Ice tea etc. and little dessert cakes. Since we had the drink package we had much better drinks at the bars.

Enjoy

That sounds a real shame, I wonder why it was so flat. Perhaps NYE took all the energy.

Wish I knew. We built it up to so many people and after attending were not very happy. A big problem was the lack of talent by the jazz band and staff.

That is very disappointing for you, I hope the other people were not angry at you, that would be worse.

• 2 months later...

Enjoy

Thanks for the information. I've asked on more then one occasion why someone would pay $35 to attend the "Prohibition" event to basically enter a room for dancing and be offered light refreshments and drinks if you are already on an "Ultimate" drink package? Nobody seems to have an answer for a scaled back admission price for those on a drink plan. Otherwise is it worth the $35pp surcharge to enter the room?