Veranda - Concierge - Aqua Class ???

Esahuma

A little help please from well seasoned Celebrity Cruisers - we have only done 1 Celebrity Cruise (inside) but will will be on Solstice in Aqua (A1) class this April for 10 day Hawaii - We are D+ on RCL so we know we are Elite on Celebrity -

Here is our question - When booking a new Celebrity Cruise we know we get to 'upgrade' on category but WHICH ONE?

We have not done Aqua yet so don't really know if the extra cost is worth it?

Veranda - Concierge or Aqua?

The cruise we are thinking about booking while onboard is 14 days Vietnam/Philippines and don't know how to even compare them?

Thank you for your help!

The upgrade perk is only within the category. So for you, you can (or could have) booked the A1 and paid the price of an A2.

We have only sailed Aqua so far and found it worth it (primarily for being able to eat in Blu). However, with there now being such a huge price difference between Aqua and Std Veranda, we can literally eat in a specialty restaurant every night for less than the price difference. Given that the other Aqua amenities are getting phased out (no more daily bottled water, flowers, etc), the only other perk worth mentioning is Persian Gardens access. And we only ever did that once or twice on a cruise anyway. So all future new bookings are going to be in a regular veranda.

Edited by WEGL81

I have just this last half hour had a run in with Celebrity.

When I booked our cruise - the A1 I wanted was not available - so we took an A2 and were told to keep an eye on it and call if it becomes available

This evening - sure enough - there it was - I made the call.

Celebrity now say the free upgrade can only be given at the time of booking - and despite the fact I am fully paid up - bought shore ex - upgraded drinks to premium etc etc - they wanted to charge me to move to the A1.

I was not amused - I just hung the phone up in the end - :mad:

So if you are going to do so, do at the time of booking.

Edited by Blondie008

blondie - You made a slight mistake. You could have booked another A1 cabin as an upgrade from an A2 and then moved just fine. That rule is clear and I have never seen a deviation. Try that next time.

Yeah realise that now - at the time of booking there was not much choice of port sides - seems a lot of US agents book up cabins and then release them three months out - I wanted port side - I didn't know about the rule..

Oh well - was just a bit miffed but I see it now on their T&Cs -

no worries - whats a couple of feet when you are having a wonderful time huh :D

Ive calmed down lol!

I have just this last half hour had a run in with Celebrity.

When I booked our cruise - the A1 I wanted was not available - so we took an A2 and were told to keep an eye on it and call if it becomes available

This evening - sure enough - there it was - I made the call.

Celebrity now say the free upgrade can only be given at the time of booking - and despite the fact I am fully paid up - bought shore ex - upgraded drinks to premium etc etc - they wanted to charge me to move to the A1.

I was not amused - I just hung the phone up in the end - :mad:

So if you are going to do so, do at the time of booking.

The Captains Club upgrade has always been done only at booking going back at least 20 years.

Edited by dkjretired

If you want more space and will be cruising on an M-Class ship, the Concierge and Aqua cabins are about 20sf bigger than the regular veranda cabins.

Thank you for sharing this, as it is our first time on an M class ship...glad we are in C2.

Blu is overrated in my view. I think many cruisers like the exclusivity of it but the food is not worth the upgrade.

I agree -- and I like WEGL81's recommendation of using the price difference for specialty dining on nights you don't like the MDR.

Thank you all for the advice - we figured that with the $$$ we could save we could eat at the restaurants that we want!

We did book 2C and upgraded to 2B but for $80 more took a choice cabin we wanted Port near elevator on deck 7 - Millennium for 14 days Pingxi Lantern Festivalto Vietnam - Twain - Thailand - Singapore - Hong Kong

Way too excited but it is in Feb 2018! Many cruises to do before this one!