Maasdam question

baxley

I am interested in whether there is a viewing deck at the back of the ship on level 4. Thanks. If not, what is after the last cabin?

I have not yet been on Maasdam, but judging from pictures and from experience on one of her sister vessels Ryndam, this is not a public space and used to handle mooring lines.

Nearest open public viewing deck is one deck up, on main deck.

Alphen is correct, the area at the stern on deck 4 (A deck) is a mechanical and mooring space.

However, you might find what you are looking for at the stern of the Verandah deck (deck 9). There you will find a (often) little used public space that provides nice stern and overhead views. I used it for some nice photos as we left NYC harbor last October and found only 3 other people there while the Seaview Pool above was crowded with people shoulder to shoulder all along the rail.

Hope this helps. :):)

Edited by 0bnxshs

Are you sure about that? Usually public decks have "hatch" lines like on the Lower Promenade and Verandah decks.

Yes I am positive, you can see this on pictures of the stern of Maasdam, it is a small space, but it is open and there are two doors coming from STBD and PORT hallway and also a stair, leading up to lower Promenade deck.

Yes I am positive, you can see this on pictures of the stern of Maasdam, it is a small space, but it is open and there are two doors coming from STBD and PORT hallway ...
But are those doors marked something like "Crew Only" or "Emergency Only" as those on the A deck are?

... and also a stair, leading up to lower Promenade deck.
I presume you are referring to the stairs which appear on the deck plans between 418 and 419. We had cabin 418 on the Veendam, and on that ship the hallways which appear alongside 418 and 419 out to the stern do not exist. They have been converted to storage areas, so the stairway you see leading down to Main deck is not accessible to passengers. I don't remember if the Maasdam is the same way though. I'm pretty sure it is.

As you admitted, you have not been on the Maasdam and can not say for certain about either the doors or stairs.

Edited by catl331