Another Sun (or Dawn, or Sea) Princess question

Hi all, I've got a quick question about coffee on board.

If I were to buy a coffee card, or AIBP, where can I get a proper espresso coffee? Is it only available if I traipse down to the International Café (I'll be on one of the upper decks) or can I also grab a latte on the open decks somewhere, or in the MDR or buffet with breakfast?

Also, is it any good? I'm an inner Melbournite so my standards are pretty high :)

On Dawn you could also get espresso-based coffees in the Horizon Court, and I'm fairly sure there was something similar on Sun.

The espresso on Dawn was very nice (especially from the Patisserie) but I avoid lattes onboard as they use UHT milk and if it's even the slightest bit oversteamed it tastes awful to me. Can't remember what it was like on Sun, bad latte but OK espresso, I think.

It might be better if you ask all your questions in the one thread, rather than a whole heap of different ones. Most of us here check all new posts regularly, regardless of whether they are in an existing thread or a new one.

Having everything in one thread means others can easily reference the questions/answers as well, and if they are skimming through after finding out about one thing they might learn something they didn't realise they needed to know. ;)

Since your initial thread asks for some Sun, Sea & Dawn knowledge, that just about covers everything you can think of. :D :D :D

Anyway threads on this particular forum seem to wander off-topic occasionally and it doesn't seem to bother anyone. ;)

With a bit of luck the mods will merge the two threads anyway.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Since your initial thread asks for some Sun, Sea & Dawn knowledge, that just about covers everything you can think of.

Anyway threads on this particular forum seem to wander off-topic occasionally and it doesn't seem to bother anyone.

With a bit of luck the mods will merge the two threads anyway.

Threads in the Aus forums get of topic :confused::confused: never:p;)

Hi all, I've got a quick question about coffee on board.

If I were to buy a coffee card, or AIBP, where can I get a proper espresso coffee? Is it only available if I traipse down to the International Café (I'll be on one of the upper decks) or can I also grab a latte on the open decks somewhere, or in the MDR or buffet with breakfast?

Also, is it any good? I'm an inner Melbournite so my standards are pretty high :)

Last few times onboard the Sun Class ships (earlier this year), they offered the espresso at the bar near Horizon Court, the Patisserie or Int Cafe (Sun), the main dining rooms and also Crooners Bar on Deck 7.:)

Last few times onboard the Sun Class ships (earlier this year), they offered the espresso at the bar near Horizon Court, the Patisserie or Int Cafe (Sun), the main dining rooms and also Crooners Bar on Deck 7.:)

There is no International Cafe on the Dawn. Unfortunately.

There is no International Cafe on the Dawn. Unfortunately.

I found the coffee service at the Patisserie on Dawn was better than at the International Cafe on Sun. On Sun the baristas seemed to be stuffing around like they didn't know what they were doing, and the espresso wasn't always perfect. On Dawn the service was brillant and so was the espresso.