Personal Cups

Does carnival allow passengers to bring their own cups and use them on board? I have my yeti tumbler that I just love and was wanting to bring it along for the ride.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yeah...first fill their cups and then poor the drink in your cup.

Edited by Wooshers

Yes, we always bring our preferred beverage cup.

Please use a Carnival cup to fill the ice and drinks from the dispensers. Apparently they need to make the signage larger or there is a great number of illiterate cruiser.

Hey, you've added an avatar! Nice.:) Yes, they sure do allow it. Just not allowed to fill it from the drink dispensers for hygiene reasons. Just take a clean Carnival cup, fill it from the dispenser, then pour it into your Yeti. Enjoy.:)

ETA: Uggh. I'm such a slow typer. When I started typing this post, no one had answered yet. :embarrassed:

Edited by ShakyBeef

Hey, you've added an avatar! Nice.:) Yes, they sure do allow it. Just not allowed to fill it from the drink dispensers for hygiene reasons. Just take a clean Carnival cup, fill it from the dispenser, then pour it into your Yeti. Enjoy.:)

ETA: Uggh. I'm such a slow typer. When I started typing this post, no one had answered yet. :embarrassed:

I completely understand. Thanks for the input. [emoji23][emoji23]

Don't feel bad. I type very fast, but by the time you click on respond or quote, or whatever, and you have to scroll down... you get my drift. It is not instantaneous. Personally, we always take covered cups of some sort. If for no other reason, to have icy water, by our bedside. YES, we do drink the water out of the tap. Tastes good, and from research I have done, is not harmful, at least not to us. Some have posted problems.:)

covered cups, thats brilliant! I have never cruised before and my partner and I always have a glass of water next to the bed, I was wondering how that would work on a ship :-) I'm loving reading all of these tips!

We always bring covered Tervis cups...I get up really early and bring coffees back to cabin for me to have on balcony and DH to have when he awakens before going to breakfast.

Also use our cups for keeping drinks from poolside (w/package) icy cold on deck.

They are pretty big so I fill them with small items when putting in suitcase to save space.

Does carnival allow passengers to bring their own cups and use them on board? I have my yeti tumbler that I just love and was wanting to bring it along for the ride.

Thanks!

Sure ! Carnival doesn't care what you choose to drink out of.

I wish Carnival would jump on the bandwagon with Royal and get the Coke Freestyle Machines. We loved that option on our last cruise. If I get or bring a cup again, I would bring a little mini dish soap. We took our cups everywhere and they got grimy and sticky by the end of the week from the sunscreen.

I wish Carnival would jump on the bandwagon with Royal and get the Coke Freestyle Machines. We loved that option on our last cruise. If I get or bring a cup again, I would bring a little mini dish soap. We took our cups everywhere and they got grimy and sticky by the end of the week from the sunscreen.

The liquid soap in the shower dispenser works just fine for washing out a cup. No need to bring your own dish soap.;)

covered cups, thats brilliant! I have never cruised before and my partner and I always have a glass of water next to the bed, I was wondering how that would work on a ship :-)

Not very well! A ship is essentially a giant moving vehicle. So that means one morning, you might find your glass rolling around on its side on the nightstand, surrounded by a puddle of water. (Less funny version: the movement of the ship can cause it to tip over.) So use a commuter mug for this.

Not very well! A ship is essentially a giant moving vehicle. So that means one morning, you might find your glass rolling around on its side on the nightstand, surrounded by a puddle of water. (Less funny version: the movement of the ship can cause it to tip over.) So use a commuter mug for this.

Or use a bottle of water with the cap on it.

You must sail in some pretty rough waters. Been on ten cruises, and never had this happen to us. One of those cruises was during hurricane season (September), and we had 10 - 12 foot swells.

You must sail in some pretty rough waters. Been on ten cruises, and never had this happen to us. One of those cruises was during hurricane season (September), and we had 10 - 12 foot swells.

I've had a glass fall in rough seas more than once.

I take my magic mug. It hold 2.5 cups of coffee in the morning, lemonade at lunch, then it magically turns into bourbon.

When boarding your cup must be empty.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

Related question. Our steward has informed us that small, bathroom water glasses will no longer be provided on Fantasy class ships, except for suites. We will be bringing our bathroom size disposables. The stemmed water goblets will be easily broken. Hope this isn't true.:confused:

Related question. Our steward has informed us that small, bathroom water glasses will no longer be provided on Fantasy class ships, except for suites. We will be bringing our bathroom size disposables. The stemmed water goblets will be easily broken. Hope this isn't true.:confused:

You don't have to bring cups with you. Just grab what you need from the drink station at the buffet. That's what I've done. ;)

I always bring my cup(s) with me for coffee in the morning & lemonade in the afternoon - stops me from having to go get refills so ofter.

Now I'm thinking, I will probably be getting the CHEERS package later this month and why wouldn't I pour the drink in my larger cup, wait 5 minutes and order a 2nd drink to pour in so that I'm not having to stop what I'm doing - laying out, gambling, playing cards, etc - to go to the bar to get another drink (not to mention keeping the drink cold & not seating all over me). I normally go to a bar rather than waiting for a waiter to come by especially when I'm at the aft pool (the bar is right there).

I don't know why I never thought of this when I got the last CHEERS package - what do you think? Will it look like I'm a lush (lol).

I've had a glass fall in rough seas more than once.

I take my magic mug. It hold 2.5 cups of coffee in the morning, lemonade at lunch, then it magically turns into bourbon.

When boarding your cup must be empty.

I have one of those magic mugs! :D

• 2 weeks later...
We always bring covered Tervis cups...I get up really early and bring coffees back to cabin for me to have on balcony and DH to have when he awakens before going to breakfast.

Also use our cups for keeping drinks from poolside (w/package) icy cold on deck.

They are pretty big so I fill them with small items when putting in suitcase to save space.

What size Tervis do you use — 12 oz.? 16 oz.?