Onboard Future Cruise Deposit

broadwaycam

We made a $250 deposit for our next cruise while we were on the Escape last week. When I go to my online account it says that we need to make a $600 deposit for my cruise before March 6th. It looks as if we did not pay anything. Should I not worry since we made a $250 deposit onboard or is something wrong with my booking? I would not want to lose the room we picked and the price we paid. I am just wondering if this is typical and it works out in the end. I know the lady at the future cruise desk said not to worry about the $600 deposit. I would just hate to have March 6th come and go into my account and see that the reservation is gone.

In the past any Future Cruise Certificate has been sufficient for our deposit. Phone NCL and get it in writing that your FCC has been sufficient deposit for your cruise. Wait online till you get the email saying that.

Mike

Yes, I had to call, because it wasn't showing on the website when I went to make my first monthly payment. The website wouldn't take my (less than $500) payment. I called and they said it can take a bit of time for the FCC to show up, but she took my (small) payment over the phone without a problem.

When I went online to make my next monthly payment, the FCC was there, but it still said we owed $145 to meet the deposit requirement ($500 less the FCC and less my first payment of $105), and it wouldn't let me make a payment of less than $145. I just paid that amount and adjusted future monthly payments.

The payment page on the website appears to not always play well with FCCs.

--Michael

Question on an FCC - If I book something say in May of this year, then buy and FCC in November when on the ship, can I have that FCC applied to a booking made in May?

What are the current FCC offers that are being made? I seem to rememeber it being some sort of onboard credit (like $100) on the current cruise if you put down a $250 deposit towards a future sailing - is that correct?

Question on an FCC - If I book something say in May of this year, then buy and FCC in November when on the ship, can I have that FCC applied to a booking made in May?

We have a PCC at NCL and he will always do that for us.

I may have read wrong! But my presumption was that you booked in May for a cruise you would be taking AFTER the one that you will be taking in November. My answer is based on that.

If you booked a cruise in May that you are taking in November they you couldn't buy an FCC in November to be credited to the cruise you would then be on.

Mike

We have a PCC at NCL and he will always do that for us.

I may have read wrong! But my presumption was that you booked in May for a cruise you would be taking AFTER the one that you will be taking in November. My answer is based on that.

If you booked a cruise in May that you are taking in November they you couldn't buy an FCC in November to be credited to the cruise you would then be on.

Mike

Sorry, was not clear. Think once fall 2017 Transatlantics released I will book either getaway or jade. I would probably make that booking in April or May. I will be sailing the epic in November and was wondering if an FCC purchased onboard could be applied to an existing booking. Does that clarify my question? Your answer seems to support my scenario :D

What is the onboard credit given on the cruise in which you purchase the FCC?

Sorry, was not clear. Think once fall 2017 Transatlantics released I will book either getaway or jade. I would probably make that booking in April or May. I will be sailing the epic in November and was wondering if an FCC purchased onboard could be applied to an existing booking. Does that clarify my question? Your answer seems to support my scenario :D

What is the onboard credit given on the cruise in which you purchase the FCC?

Yes I have had that done by my PCC.

Sorry no idea about an OBC over and above the $100 you don't have to pay for the FCC. Cost debited $250 Credit applied $100 Actual cost $150. I have a feeling that there was a special promotion when they changed the name/system.

Mike

Yes I have had that done by my PCC.

Sorry no idea about an OBC over and above the $100 you don't have to pay for the FCC. Cost debited $250 Credit applied $100 Actual cost $150. I have a feeling that there was a special promotion when they changed the name/system.

Mike

So you paid $250 for the FCC and got a $100 onboard credit on the cruise you purchased it on if I read that correctly.

So you paid $250 for the FCC and got a $100 onboard credit on the cruise you purchased it on if I read that correctly.

You could look at it that way; I don't.

I bought an FCC that was worth $250 in the future and at the end of the week when I settled my account it had actually cost me $150.

We made a $250 deposit for our next cruise while we were on the Escape last week. When I go to my online account it says that we need to make a $600 deposit for my cruise before March 6th. It looks as if we did not pay anything. . .

Cam:

It will probably all show up correctly very soon, if not already.

I booked two onboard (same cruise as you) as well, and my bookings showed as Pending for several days, as well as nothing being 'officially' deposited from my certificates.

They apparently don't have the same quick access for booking as your personal cruise consultant does . . . or the 800 number as well, for that matter.

I hope you enjoyed your week on Norwegian Escape! :)

Cam:

It will probably all show up correctly very soon, if not already.

I booked two onboard (same cruise as you) as well, and my bookings showed as Pending for several days, as well as nothing being 'officially' deposited from my certificates.

They apparently don't have the same quick access for booking as your personal cruise consultant does . . . or the 800 number as well, for that matter.

I hope you enjoyed your week on Norwegian Escape! :)

I looked at my account today and it now shows the $250 paid. It is still saying I need to pay $350 before March 6th. Not sure why.