Email for dining room requests

Can I ask if anyone knows how the dining room co-or donator feels about tables for 3? Previous experience is they would rather match up two groups of three to fill a 6 top but we would really prefer to have something just for the three of us.

Wondered is anyone had experienced this?

Thanks

You can ask for a table for 4 for yourselves, not a problem.

Edited by clarea

How far in advance should you contact them to request a table for 2

I emailed them a few weeks ago and was told to wait until 50 days prior to sail date as they couldn't enter any info into their system until then

I hope things work out for anyone on here that tries to get a table in any of the dining rooms.

I ask for large (8) table in the MDR for 8:30 dining, and it turned out perfect. Wonderful table mates, as well as our waiters, Chino and James were great too.

I hope a little later (I'm here at work, trying to "catch up") to write a review of my cruise on the Adventure of the Seas.

• 1 month later...

I just emailed them my request at 30 days and I was told to send them a reminder email about a week out as they wanted to make my first cruise a very special one....they confirmed my request for an ocean view table and even had the table info in my email. I am excited to see what the additional surprise is!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by ctsharpie05

Trial case for MTD request (in my case I have a reservation for the same time every night - later than early seating but earlier than late before someone asks "Why not just do traditional?") just emailed. :) I'll report back.

As expected, with MTD you have to wait until you are on board. "Please see the hostess once on board" - so I guess that will be a stop in my wandering around the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

As expected, with MTD you have to wait until you are on board. "Please see the hostess once on board" - so I guess that will be a stop in my wandering around the ship.

I've lost track, was this response from the rcldining email?

Just got a response (after chasing just once).

Got a table for 2, near windows for early dining on 1st cruise and same table for late dining on follow-up cruise.

Did ask that it was a proper table for 2 and not just a table for six spread out with a 2 inch gap between each table.

We shall find out when we board this Saturday.

Thank-you. I've suspected that the rcldining email was for traditional dining only, but have not seen any confirmation of that until now.

Yes, I remember the discussion from before. I think I was the earliest sailing of those of us wondering, so now that I have my cruise docs I emailed.

I took from the response that I might be able to deal with it upon boarding, but I'll wait and see. I really don't care WHERE I sit, though I would theoretically like the same wait staff (theoretically until I experience them to see - I know there are a few bum teams every once in a while) and table each night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I wonder if they'll help someone who has a large group and MTD? We have a total of 17 people in our party and we all want to eat together (we already know it'll be 2 tables). Think they may be able to switch us to early seating instead of MTD? I know there is a partial charter of the ship and they probably have main/early seating.

I wonder if they'll help someone who has a large group and MTD? We have a total of 17 people in our party and we all want to eat together (we already know it'll be 2 tables). Think they may be able to switch us to early seating instead of MTD? I know there is a partial charter of the ship and they probably have main/early seating.

My guess is you'd be told the best way to ensure dining together would be to switch to one of the traditional dining times. She prefaced her response to me with "As you have my time dining..." which to me indicates that they don't do any requests for MTD prior to boarding.

My guess is you'd be told the best way to ensure dining together would be to switch to one of the traditional dining times. She prefaced her response to me with "As you have my time dining..." which to me indicates that they don't do any requests for MTD prior to boarding.

Traditional (early and late) was not available. There's a partial charter and I suspect they have those dining times. Although, I did do a mock booking a few weeks ago for a suite and late seating was available. I already know we don't want to do late seating.

Sail on Majesty in 26 days. Sent my request on the 13th for a window table for 4 and received a response today that my request has been fulfilled. They included a chart that shows our table number, but not floor plans or what dining room we are in. They assigned us table 20.

Edited by alleycat11481

Does anyone have the Freedom MDR Floor Plan? or where can I see it?

We are a party of 7 and I don't know where could be the best location for request.

Royal does not publish dining room maps. The table numbers and locations can change cruise to cruise.

I will be sailing on the Jewel TA in Nov 2016. I am coordinating Chef's Table for other members of my Roll Call and have already gotten 25 people interested. Would I contact rcldining@rccl.com to ask about this or is there someone else I should contact? I had done the same thing on the Jewel last Oct and Vincenzo from Chops was the contact person but I arranged it once I was onboard. With such a large group I was hoping to reach out before boarding. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Joan

I will be sailing on the Jewel TA in Nov 2016. I am coordinating Chef's Table for other members of my Roll Call and have already gotten 25 people interested. Would I contact rcldining@rccl.com to ask about this or is there someone else I should contact? I had done the same thing on the Jewel last Oct and Vincenzo from Chops was the contact person but I arranged it once I was onboard. With such a large group I was hoping to reach out before boarding. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Joan

My understanding is that the rcldining email is for making arrangements for traditional dining, not specialty restaurants. I would first try one of the concierges if that is an option for you.