Gotta read it!! Gotta read it!!

Danno

Phil....I've always wanted to know, what is it about Harpenden that HURTS?? (Or herts as you Brits say....)

Well Danno, the price of houses when you try to move around here hurts. The mums in their four-wheel drives as they roll over your toes when parking on the kerb outside the shops hurts. The time I slipped over outside my house when it was icy (I live on a hill). That hurt like h**l. Otherwise it's not a bad place at all to live really. Handy for easyjet's cheap flights from Luton Airport too. I'm thinking of packing it all in and going to live on that nice orange easycruise 1:eek:

Phil

Ok...but you gotta buy your own gum. That's GUM, with an M (Right now, there are some confused Americans reading this :D )

If he can dig up his receipt for $1.27 then he should be able to submit it....because, there is no limit to the generosity of us taxpayers.

I'm going to give BruinSteve from the Europe board my vote.

SS Cruise Lady just jogged my feeble brain cells. I too read threads that are of interest.

It actually would be easier for me to list the "posters whom I would not read but I can not help myself as their posts are unfortunately, like the proverbial "train wreck."

First poster I remember when I signed on is bdjam from the Princess boards. Very helpful.

PS: hey Phil, are you thinking what I am thinking?

I usually read posts that are of interest to me -- especially when travelling from a different port than Fort Lauderdale. In that regard, BruinSteve has been the most help from the West Coast with information about Long Beach, hotels, restaurants, LAX, etc. Thanks, Steve;)

Having said that, I'm fascinated by anything Danno, Newt, Duck, Lois, Phil (UK), Phil (US), Catmand, Host Andy, Canderson and so many other "regs" have to say (sorry if I didn't mention you by name:o ). Your posts go from the informative, to witty, to nonsensical-which is why I like them:p I can actually ask stupid questions and you will answer them. Where else can you do that.

Maybe after I have 3,000 + posts I can become a "regular" :D (or is that by secret ballot?)

Lucy

Boy, what an ego I have! :eek: Guess I'm not like the Danno- modest and all that. I was reading throught the list to see if I made anyone's list.:o

Thank you, Anna Maria, for inflating my ego!:D

As for me, I always start with the list of posts in my user CP, then go to Celebrity. There, I usually look for new posters to be as helpful as possible, so they're not scared away by SOME OTHERS. And I look for those from roll calls of the past. And then I look for those with whom I've traded chatty posts in the past. (Anna Maria, you just went to the head of the list!:) ) And then, like Phil, I go watch the train wrecks caused by some, and usually get sucked in to posting there- another weakness besides my ego and vanity!

Cute idea, Danno (bet I'd say it was dumb, if it weren't for Anna Maria!)

Andrew

I always read excitedofharpenden, blazerboy, cruising with marti, tuggers, rosie, bob278, newt, MACOP, catmand, brigittetom, oh my, there are a slew of posters I enjoy "talking" with. I just realized I'd never be able to name them all. The boards are just darn fun and entertaining!

Garry

Andrew, Andrew, Andrew (note the usage of the formal as opposed to the Blazerboy casual)

I just wanted to point out it was not Phil who referred to some of his favorite readings as "train wrecks." Phil wrote he spends time in "The Twilight Zone." It was me who used the term "train wreck."

I think if we are going to discuss the eloquent musings of our fellow posters we should keep them straight.

Yours always, Catmand aka Chuck, Charles, Charlie, or Chas.

Monsieur Catmand, is it possible that there was a Twilight Zone episode about a train wreck?:o Sorry to have misattributed the quote, but know you got the idea.

And what's this putting 'Blazer' and 'casual' in the same sentence? Good God, Man, do you want to start a clothing war thread again?:eek:

:D ;)

HRH Andrew of the house of Hubble

4_12_12.gif.........Ya got me too, guess I should have writ infomal.

There was that Twilight Zone about the gremlin (or whatever) out on the airplane wing. By the way, that starred Captain Kirk himself, of course it was before he was promoted.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb064&pp=ZSXXXXXX43US

Now that the PHONEY/phony site has been closed down, where do we go to vent?

It is time for the Great Pretender to lead the way for those who carry X's philosophy close to our hearts.

Nearly all of the posts on the boards are enjoyable so it's difficult to name all of the folks who provide such good information and insight.:) I must admit, though, that my all time favorite posts have come from Greydog in Atlanta. The multi-part Horizon review that Greydog posted earlier in the year had me laughing for days!:D

Ok, I've been sick, so I haven't been posting much, and next week I pretend to take the last cruise on the Horizon, it should be the best pretend cruise I ever had!

I enjoy reading everyone on Cruise Critic, well, not everyone, but almost everyone, well, not almost everyone, but most people, well, not most people, just some people, well, ok, I'm gonna come clean, I can't read, I just say stuff to the wifester and she types it for me!

I'm trying to get my GED, hope to read everyone in the future!

Monsieur Catmand, is it possible that there was a Twilight Zone episode about a train wreck?:o Sorry to have misattributed the quote, but know you got the idea.

And what's this putting 'Blazer' and 'casual' in the same sentence? Good God, Man, do you want to start a clothing war thread again?:eek:

Oh No! Now do I have to start addressing you as HRH? I will if I forced to, but I draw the line at the curtsy...

Karyn

Oh No! Now do I have to start addressing you as HRH? I will if I forced to, but I draw the line at the curtsy...

Karyn

Lots of excellent names enshrined in the hall of fame above.

I give ChesterH special kudos. His travelogue on the Lumanai Jungle River Cruise in Belize got me hooked. That was the ONLY expedition we ever booked through the cruise line. Reason being: we feared getting left in Belize if it ran late. Good thing. We were an hour late getting back to the ship! Worth every penny!

http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/westerncaribbean.html

Archived