Closest car rental or rental co. with shuttle Fort Lauderdale?

Mamatothree

Hi all

Really sorry if this has been asked and answered recently ~ I scrolled though and didn't catch it.

We will rent a car at the airport as we arrive a few days before we cruise. I want to return the car somewhere close enough to the cruise port to walk, cheap cab, or complimentary shuttle back. It looks like Budget is close?

Thanks a ton! :)

Hi all

Really sorry if this has been asked and answered recently ~ I scrolled though and didn't catch it.

We will rent a car at the airport as we arrive a few days before we cruise. I want to return the car somewhere close enough to the cruise port to walk, cheap cab, or complimentary shuttle back. It looks like Budget is close?

Thanks a ton! :)

Here is a good reference for the car rentals near the port:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48314296&postcount=3

Enterprise, Alamo and National all offer complimentary shuttle from FLL to the port.

Once we arrive at the airport, we take the shuttle to the rental center to pick up a car. We always rent from Enterprise and use DH's corporate code. The morning of our cruise, we return the car to FLL, cross the parking garage, take the elevator to the 3rd level and show the shuttle driver our rental agreement. Most people think that only those who rent from Alamo and National can use the shuttle - Enterprise owns both of those companies. The shuttle driver will help load and off load your luggage.

Darcy

Usually rent a car at the airport and then return to the car rental company's office at/near the port and then take their free shuttle the few blocks to the ship. Among other, Avis and Budget at the Hyatt Hotel at the Intracoastal Bridge on 17th St. National and Thrifty just off A1A near 17th St near the back entrance to the port (Rt 84). Hertz also has an office near the bridge on 17th St. Sixth located on A1A close by the back entrance to the port.

SAS