9PM Sail-away, what time is muster drill?

gmh300968

We will be on the 12-night Venice to Barcelona cruise on 9th Oct'. The ship is scheduled to leave port at 9 PM. From other members' experiences, what time is muster likely to be? I want to make sure that our anytime dining choice that evening does not clash with the muster or sail away. Any insights?

When I had a nighttime sailing from Venice last fall (think it was 11:00 PM), the muster was shortly before second sitting dinner. I can't recall the specific time---7:00? 7:15? 7:30?)---somewhere along in there.

I remember that we were all a little late getting to dinner---including the dining room staff who worked the drill.

We sailed from New York last year at 10:00 pm. The muster was at either 4:00 or 4:30. There was a make up muster for those who boarded after the earlier drill. We left after the drill for dinner in NYC, and when we returned to the ship and were going through security, the officer asked my DH if he had been at the drill (he was flagged in the system for missing it). I was marked as attending and we were there together. He told them he had attended and they crossed him off the list of no-shows. I heard that there was a great deal of confusion about who had actually attended. I had called HAL before the cruise to ask about timing for the drill and was told it would be immediately before we sailed at 10, but this was not the case. The earlier drill impacted our plans for the day with our DD.

We will be on the 12-night Venice to Barcelona cruise on 9th Oct'. The ship is scheduled to leave port at 9 PM. From other members' experiences, what time is muster likely to be? I want to make sure that our anytime dining choice that evening does not clash with the muster or sail away. Any insights?

We will be on the cruise and was told around 7-7:30. Ruth C is right.

On our last cruise on The Nieuw doing same cruise we had a 8:00pm muster drill leaving at 9 out of Venice.

Once on board you will see muster drill time in your docs and daily events which will be on your bed. When in doubt call ship services. They might give you a heads up! Not always can they help.

Denise:)

You must be onboard for muster drill. It depends on the time ship leaves. I have had muster drills on HAL 30 mins prior to sailing, sometimes an hour prior! It depends. In doubt call ship services they might give you som insite.

Denise :)

Happy Sailings