Sailing with Thrive Cruise Group

yerdua

Yes, their words were "because of the size of the showroom, we're limited to 650" :(:(:(

So, obviously, they expect to use the showroom a lot. If it's only/mostly during the day, as was reported on another thread about groups, that isn't so bad. But if it means pre-empting evening entertainment, that would be annoying. And, of course, there's the likelihood of limitation on your dining choices.

BTW..I married into a large extended family of Cristians. Don't kid yourself, plenty of them drink, smoke, and gamble. They just don't do it when certain other family/friends are about., I see it because I am not one and DW is very much live and let live non judgemental. I always find it amusing to see that one or two that I know well seem so frightened to be found out as it were.

(bold is mine) I don't believe it! I was just reading a very funny novel set in Louisiana, and one of the characters said the same thing!

That's why you take two of them fishing. If you only take one, he'll drink all your beer.

And then she told this exact same joke!!!

:D

So, obviously, they expect to use the showroom a lot. If it's only/mostly during the day, as was reported on another thread about groups, that isn't so bad. But if it means pre-empting evening entertainment, that would be annoying. And, of course, there's the likelihood of limitation on your dining choices.

Exactly. I'm hoping it will be only/mostly during the day, and also hoping it doesn't affect dining choices too much. If the only choice is 5:15 pm, we won't be using the MDR at all.

I guess we'll have to just play it by ear. If it was just a 7-day cruise we would cancel. But it's the 2nd half of a 14-day sold as 2 7-days and we've made plans with friends for this cruise. I've been following all the "groups onboard" threads with great interest. :rolleyes:

Thanks for everyone's input. I've tried a little internet sleuthing... no way to tell how large the group is, but I did discover that it's one church with 4 branches out of Sacramento. Hopefully it won't be too large. It shouldn't affect our dinner plans since we generally eat around 6-7pm and are scheduled for open dining. Since we're committed to this sailing date I'm just going to cross my fingers that they won't be too intrusive.

Thanks for everyone's input. I've tried a little internet sleuthing... no way to tell how large the group is, but I did discover that it's one church with 4 branches out of Sacramento. Hopefully it won't be too large. It shouldn't affect our dinner plans since we generally eat around 6-7pm and are scheduled for open dining. Since we're committed to this sailing date I'm just going to cross my fingers that they won't be too intrusive.

I like your positive attitude! Have a great to Eat!

Why would you think that? I am sure they are no more or less likely to want a poolside drink or to gamble than anyone else.

The Puritan types aren't known to cut loose too much, that's why the person said it. Pat Boone is considered over the top! :D

Back on topic...

If it was myself, I'd dump that cruise right quick and in a jiffy. Just want I don't want to deal with on my vacation: a large yet still minority group commandeering many public areas who for all intents & purposes will be forcing their puerile superstitions on the many.

PASS.