Another upsell and opinion thread...

vicocala

Hi everyone, persistence paid off this week as I called the up sell department every day and today I was able to upgrade from a mid-ship balcony to a Penthouse Suite w/large balcony.

The upsell was accomplished with paying an addition $500 pp while they came down in a like amount.

I have a question of those who have booked a suite in the Spirit. Do you think it is worth it without the dedicated Haven and Dining room? I know there will be breakfast and lunch in a specialty restaurant.

I went with it because of the reduced price and my enjoyment of the suite life on Getaway. We purchased a five meal SDP so a dedicated dinner restaurant isn't cruicial (as well as actually having dining space in-room as opposed to our previous spa suite). We didn't use the Haven pool because of so many kids on our cruise so we probably won't miss it.

Having not sailed on Spirit but have had suites without Haven access on Dawn class (no Haven) and Jewel class (with Haven) ships and do not feel like I missed anything.

On Getaway we visited Haven restaurant at dinner only once to realize that we rather choose MDRs from the complimentary restaurants available for us, so private dinner venue does not matter to us at all.

Haven sundeck was nice and mostly quiet, but as said, we have had already so many non-Haven suites that we'd do just fine without it.

Edited by Demonyte

We sailed Spirit in Dec. and did the Western. I'd say it is worth it without the Haven. Where is your room - 9 or 10? Florentina was the concierge and did a great job. Teo (so so) and Seka were the butlers and it sounded like they were on for a bit.