POA Disembarkation day questions.

gwsster

This is specifically about the Pride of America.

1. Does anyone know what the latest time NCL will let you stay on the Pride

of America?

2. Is Cagney's open for breakfast for on disembarkation day, or is it buffet

only?

3. Is there a place to store luggage so we can walk around the port before

going back to the airport?

Thanks for your help, trying to coordinate travel plans for my group.

of America?

only?

1. About 9 or 9:30 at latest. Pretty early

2. Cagney's is open for suite guests starting at 6 AM

3. I believe so, but we ended up renting a large SUV to tour for the day with our luggage.

There is a spot as you exit the terminal where you can store your bags with a NCL rep. It was $5 per bag a couple of years ago. They will let you know that there is about an hour during lunch they are closed. Aloha Tower is really the only thing to see around the port. We went up to the Iolani Palace before going back to pick up our bags and heading to the airport.

of America?

only?

As with most other cruise turnarounds, they want you off the ship ASAP. We have manged to stay until 9am or so on most cruises, but they'd much rather have you off the ship earlier than that.

Cagney's is open for breakfast on disembarkation day

You've heard from others about baggage storage. I would say there's not really much to see or anywhere to walk at the POA dock. We decided to take an NCL tour on disembarkation day, as it had several advantages: Our luggage rode with us on the tour, we got to see some of Honolulu and the area, and we got dropped off at the airport in plenty of time for our evening flight home.

I'd give the excursion mixed results. Some of it was interesting, some less so. Main issue is that traffic in Honolulu is terrible, so it took a long time to get anywhere. You can read about it in my POA review, linked in the signature below, if you're interested.

Some people try to work in a Pearl Harbor tour on their disembarkation day, before their flight home. I'd say this is possible, but you might feel very rushed.

There is lots to see in the area. The port is located at the end of the financial area so the area is quiet but there are lots of beautiful old buildings in and around the streets.

You have the Iolani Palace across the street from the pier and you can take a guided tour or self guided with head phones and reasonably priced.

You can also walk to China Town and cab it back or vice versa, there are some nice flower shops and you can see the woman making lei's. On the way you can stop at one of the oldest and first bars/pub to open in Hawaii Murphy's Bar and Grill good pub food and highly recommended on TripAdvisor and its located in the heart of financial area.

As side note the area around the pier as mentioned above is very safe.

When you go to the airport there is a hard to find area that is an outside Asian themed garden with bridges, ponds with fish and lots of benches, nice place to sit. Grab a coffee and take in the last of Hawaiian rays.

We took the NCL Round the Island Tour on debarkation day and finished at the airport, a very enjoyable day. Especially when we were clear of Honolulu downtown.

We weren't flying out that day but were staying at the Best Western close to the airport and they have shuttle!!

"Bags" no longer offered by NCL.

Mike

Thank you so much for the advice. I am coordinating the scheduling of the shuttles, tickets and anything that needs a reservation for our group (4 Sisters.....Pray for me)

Thank you for the link to your review. I loved the review and it was GREAT, concise and informative. I had read several reviews but yours hit the items of interest for me. I will be on the 12th floor as well and am glad that you liked this area of the ship. I chose our room because there were so few rooms on this floor and glad that you didn't report too much noise. I did a cut and paste of the rental car review, very helpful and I will be referring to this on our trip.

Thanks again.

I'd give the excursion mixed results. Some of it was interesting, some less so. Main issue is that traffic in Honolulu is terrible, so it took a long time to get anywhere. You can read about it in my POA review, linked in the signature below, if you're interested.

Some people try to work in a Pearl Harbor tour on their disembarkation day, before their flight home. I'd say this is possible, but you might feel very rushed.

Thank you so much for the advice. I am coordinating the scheduling of the shuttles, tickets and anything that needs a reservation for our group (4 Sisters.....Pray for me)

Thank you for the link to your review. I loved the review and it was GREAT, concise and informative. I had read several reviews but yours hit the items of interest for me. I will be on the 12th floor as well and am glad that you liked this area of the ship. I chose our room because there were so few rooms on this floor and glad that you didn't report too much noise. I did a cut and paste of the rental car review, very helpful and I will be referring to this on our trip.

Thanks again.

Thanks Gwsster! Glad you found the review and rental car summary helpful.

I'm absolutely positive you'll enjoy your Hawaiian cruise not matter what you end up doing. Have a good one!